Subject: [dtn-interest] EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE 15th MARCH - IEEE SmartVehicles 2017

From: Elisabetta Biondi<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:20:01 +0100

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                 CALL FOR PAPER

			The Fourth IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on 
         Smart Vehicles: Connectivity Technologies and ITS Applications 
				(SmartVehicles 2017)
                            June 12, 2017, Macau, China
                            http://smartvehicles.uc.pt/

		**** Paper Registration Deadline --- March 1, 2017 ****
		**** Paper Submission Deadline   --- March 5, 2017 ****

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
--------------------------------
New wave of urbanization, ever more stringent emission standards, and high
pressure on improving efficiency of private and public transport have made the
development of more sustainable transportation systems one of the fundamental
societal challenges of the next decade. Connected vehicles are seen as one of
the key enabling technologies for more efficient and sustainable transportation
systems. To enable connected vehicles, it is of paramount importance to: i)
design vehicular communication systems that enable road users and other actors
to exchange information in real time and with high reliability; ii) enable
pervasive sensing to monitor the status of vehicles and the surroundings; iii)
develop data analytics tools for processing large amounts of data generated by
the transportation infrastructure; iv) develop middleware platforms for
information management and sharing; and v) define appropriate interaction
interfaces between drivers and vehicles.  The seamless integration and
convergence of vehicular communication networks, information and transportation
systems, and mobile devices and networks will face a number of technical,
economical and regulatory challenges. To that end, SmartVehicles 2017 workshop
will bring together academics, researchers, and industry professionals from
around the world to discuss and exchange ideas on recent developments, current
research challenges and future directions in the use of networking,
communications, data management, and applications to realize vehicular mobility
systems that are more connected, efficient, and safe.

The topics of interest for SmartVehicles 2017 include, but are not limited to:

+ V2V, V2I and V2X communications (e.g. vehicle-to-pedestrians, 
  vehicle-to-backend, vehicle-to-sign, etc.) 
+ New V2X technologies: Vehicular visible light communications, LTE-V, mmWave
+ The role of 5G in enabling existing and future V2X use cases
+ Connected autonomous vehicles: cooperative perception, cooperative maneuvering, 
  cooperative intersections and highways, platooning
+ Vehicular Network as a Sensor Network
+ Communications-enabled fleet management 
+ Connected smart parking systems
+ Security and privacy in ITS applications
+ Data storage, management, and retrieval in vehicular networks
+ Solutions to connect vehicles with the Internet 
+ Big data analytics for ITS applications
+ Integration of cloud technologies in ITS applications
+ Communications protocol design (PHY, MAC, routing, data dissemination)
+ Simulation environments, experimental testbeds, field operational tests for V2X
+ Mobile (smart) device integration in vehicles and transport systems
+ ITS Field Tests and Implementation
+ Modelling and Simulation of ITS applications

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
--------------------------------
Manuscripts submitted for consideration should not have been already published
elsewhere and should not be under review or submitted for review elsewhere
during the consideration period. Manuscripts must be written in English, are
limited to 6 pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to
the IEEE template format available here. Papers must be submitted electronically
through EDAS using link http://edas.info/N23244.

All accepted papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library
(IEEE Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. There will be no
separate workshop registration, as one single registration will cover both
conference and workshops participation. At least one author of each accepted
paper is required to attend and present his/her work at the workshop.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
+ Papers registration deadline: 	March  1, 2017
+ Papers submissions deadline: 		March  5, 2017
+ Acceptance notification:  		April 15, 2017
+ Camera-ready paper due: 		April 30, 2017

ORGANISING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Workshop Co-Chairs 
	Gaurav Bansal, Toyota InfoTechnology Center
	Mate Boban, Huawei European Research Center
	Raffaele Bruno, Institute of Informatics and Telematics of CNR
	Andreas Festag, Fraunhofer IVI

Program Committee
	Taimoor Abbas, Volvo Cars, Sweden
	Onur Altintas, Toyota InfoTechnology Center, USA
	Jose M. Barcelo-Ordinas, UPC, Spain 
	Teodor  Buburuzan, Volkswagen, Germany 
	David Eckhoff, University of Erlangen, Germany
	Esteban Egea-Lopez, UPCT, Spain
	Michel Ferreira, University of Porto, Portugal
	Marco Fiore, IEIIT-CNR, Italy
	Arturo Gonzalez, TU Dresden, Germany
	Javier Gozalvez, Miguel Hernandez University of Elche, Spain
	Marco Gramaglia, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
	Jerome Harri, EURECOM, France
	Tim Leinmueller, Denso Automotive, Germany
	Kate Ching-Ju Lin, NCTU, Taiwan
	Tomasz Mach, Samsung Electronics Research, UK
	Konstantinos Manolakis, Huawei Technologies, Germany
	Preben Mogensen, Aalborg University, Danimark 
	Panagiotis Papadimitratos, KTH, Sweden
	Tim Russ, IFAK, Germany
	Yi Shi, Huawei Technologies, P.R.China
	Peter Steenkiste, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
	Andrea Tomatis, Hitachi Europe, France
	Hsin-Mu Tsai, NTU, Taiwan
	Fredrik Tufvesson, Lund University, Sweden
	Alexey Vinel, Halmstad University, Sweden
	Xin Zhang, Technical University Dresden, Germany