Subject: [dtn-users] DTN workshop at SMC-IT - Call for Presenters
From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
To: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:35:50 -0400
List-Id: dtn-users mailing list <dtn-users.maillists.intel-research.net>

Call for Presentations for
a Mini-Workshop on
   Standards Based Operational Network Structures for Future Space  
Missions
at the Third IEEE International Conference on
Space Mission Challenges in Information Technology (SMC-IT)
Pasadena, California; July 19 - 23, 2009

This one-day mini workshop focuses on the use of standards-based,  
automatic communications protocols in the design of future space  
missions, specifically the Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN) protocols.   
Invited and contributed presentations will explore the available  
technologies, and both potential benefits as well as challenges  
inherent in an evolution from classical mission-by-mission  
communications design to a design based on standard protocols.

We invite the submission of original research or concept design  
contributions in the following areas:

   Space communication network design based on DTN standards.
   Research results from operational experience with, or simulation  
of, DTN-based space communication networks.
   Routing and node/service discovery in DTN-based space networks.
   Naming and Addressing in DTN-based space networks.
   Network Management for DTN-based space networks.
   Command and Control of space assets based on DTN protocols.

The program committee invites the submission of contributions outside  
the areas listed above, and will make every effort to incorporate
quality presentations into the workshop program.  All submissions will  
be peer-reviewed.  The abstracts for the selected contributions, as
well as the presentation slides, will be published on the conference  
web site.

Deadline for 1-page abstracts: April 13, 2009 (Midnight EDT).

For more information and author instructions, please see http://www.ocp.ohiou.edu/smc-it/ 
  or e-mail [email-masked].
For more information on SMC-IT 2009, please see http://www.smc-it.org/

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax