Subject: [dtn-users] error sending bundle: -1 (invalid argument)

From: Tom O'Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:20 -0700

When trying to send a message with dtnsend, I get this error message:

   % dtnsend -s dtn://trex3.dtn/src -d dtn://manta.dtn/test -t m -p  
"testing"
   error sending bundle: -1 (invalid argument)

Does anyone know exactly what causes this error? Googling did not  
provide an explanation beyond source code, which was not obvious.  
"Invalid argument" suggests some kind of syntax error, but I don't  
think that is it.

Thanks
Tom

---

From: Aidan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:55:04 +0000

Hi Tom,

We had something similar a couple of weeks ago. We found we were running 
a new version of dtnd with an older version of dtnrecv. I think there 
was a change in the XDR encoding that caused the problem.

We fixed it with:
sudo make install

Before you do that though, try adding the -v flag to your arg list to 
get more info on the problem.

Cheers
Aidan

On 20/03/12 00:02, Tom O'Reilly wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

---

From: "Andresen, Jason R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:19:08 +0000

You can get more information from the local DTN daemon's log file.  It usually tells you exactly what went wrong.  
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf of Tom O'Reilly [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 8:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] error sending bundle: -1 (invalid argument)

  % dtnsend -s dtn://trex3.dtn/src -d dtn://manta.dtn/test -t m -p "testing"
  error sending bundle: -1 (invalid argument)

Does anyone know exactly what causes this error? Googling did not provide an explanation beyond source code, which was not obvious. "Invalid argument" suggests some kind of syntax error, but I don't think that is it.

Thanks
Tom