Subject: [dtn-users] Multiple nodes setup in DTN2

From: Mehari Kinfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 16:25:30 +0200

Dear DTN2 users I am a bit new to the DTN2.  I wanted to set up a kind of
nodes inter connected so that I can play with them from different terminals
in my laptop. the tutorial under *"Building a bigger DTN"* is for about
setting up from two computers. Is there any one who can help me where to
start.

When I startup two dtnd daemons, one works while the other returns error
related  to local adress conflict (error message attached). I have
configured two dtn.conf files in different directories for their
corresponding db storage.
How can i give them different local addresses in one computer?

mehari@mehari-HP:~/DTN/DTN2$ daemon/dtnd -c /home/mehari/dtn/dtn.conf
[1336918443.106084 /dtnd notice] random seed is 106078
[1336918443.106221 /dtnd notice] DTN daemon starting up... (pid 3579)
[1336918443.114672 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 error] error binding to
0.0.0.0:4556: Address already in use
[1336918443.114697 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 warning] WARNING: error binding
to requested socket: Address already in use
[1336918443.114720 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 warning] waiting for 10 seconds
then trying again
[1336918453.114865 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 error] error binding to
0.0.0.0:4556: Address already in use
[1336918453.114931 /dtn/interface/table error] convergence layer error
adding interface tcp0
[1336918453.115070 /dtn/tclcmd error] error: line 156: 'error adding
interface tcp0':
error adding interface tcp0
    while executing
"interface add tcp0 tcp"
    (file "/home/mehari/dtn/dtn.conf" line 156)
[1336918453.115100 /dtnd error] error in configuration file, exiting...
mehari@mehari-HP:~/DTN/DTN2$

thanks in advance,

mehari

---

From: Alex McMahon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 20:40:14 +0100

Hi Mehari,

Environment variables[1] can be set to facilitate multiple daemons on a
single computer.

[1]
http://dtn.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/dtn/DTN2/raw-file/tip/doc/manual/environment.html

for example:

## node 1
set localhost bob
console set addr 127.0.0.1
console set port 5050
api set local_addr 0.0.0.0
api set local_port 5010

## node 2
set localhost alice
console set addr 127.0.0.1
console set port 6050
api set local_addr 0.0.0.0
api set local_port 6010

All the best,

Alex

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 16:25 +0200, Mehari Kinfe wrote:
> Dear DTN2 users I am a bit new to the DTN2.  I wanted to set up a kind
> of nodes inter connected so that I can play with them from different
> terminals in my laptop. the tutorial under "Building a bigger DTN" is
> for about setting up from two computers. Is there any one who can help
> me where to start. 
> 
> When I startup two dtnd daemons, one works while the other returns
> error related  to local adress conflict (error message attached). I
> have configured two dtn.conf files in different directories for their
> [1336918443.114697 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 warning] WARNING: error
> binding to requested socket: Address already in use
> [1336918443.114720 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 warning] waiting for 10
> seconds then trying again
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users