Subject: [dtn-users] Unable to compile DTN2 with NORM convergence layer

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:59:12 +0300

Hello all,

I have trouble compiling DTN2 with NORM convergence layer using gcc-4.4.5
on a RHEL6-based Linux distro.

norm-svnsnap.tgz 09-Aug-2012
protolib-svnsnap.tgz 03-Oct-2012

Did anyone manage to build DTN2 with NORM-CL? What am I doing wrong?

make -w -C applib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dtn2/dtn-2.9.0/applib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dtn2/dtn-2.9.0/applib'
make -w -C servlib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dtn2/dtn-2.9.0/servlib'
g++ -g -fno-inline  -fPIC -DPIC -MMD -MP -MT
"conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.E"
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I.. -I..
-I/opt/dtn2/include -I/opt/dtn2/include/oasys/ext -I../servlib
-I/opt/dtn2/include   -Wall -W -Wcast-align  -c
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc -o conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o
In file included from conv_layers/NORMConvergenceLayer.h:36,
                 from conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc:29:
/opt/dtn2/include/normApi.h:616: warning: type qualifiers ignored on
function return type
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc: In static member function 'static void
dtn::ConvergenceLayer::init_clayers()':
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc:67: error: cannot allocate an object of
abstract type 'dtn::NORMConvergenceLayer'
conv_layers/NORMConvergenceLayer.h:245: note:   because the following
virtual functions are pure within 'dtn::NORMConvergenceLayer':
conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.h:224: note:       virtual dtn::CLInfo*
dtn::ConvergenceLayer::new_link_params()
make[1]: *** [conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dtn2/dtn-2.9.0/servlib'
make: *** [servlib] Error 2

Best regards,
Sergey Sireskin

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 10:15:22 +0000

Hi.

I can reproduce this problem.  I suspect I know what is going on and
will look into the problem later today.  It may be a consequence of some
changes that were made to allow persistent link names.. I *thought* it
had been tested with all the convergwence layers, but clearly not.
*>sigh<*.

If you want to experiment in the short term, v2.8.0 compiles cleanly
with NORM.

Regards,
Elwyn
 
On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 09:59 +0300, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> I have trouble compiling DTN2 with NORM convergence layer using
> gcc-4.4.5 on a RHEL6-based Linux distro.
> conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc: In static member function 'static
> void dtn::ConvergenceLayer::init_clayers()':
> conv_layers/ConvergenceLayer.cc:67: error: cannot allocate an object
> of abstract type 'dtn::NORMConvergenceLayer'
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users