Subject: [dtn-users] Metadata blocks in DTN2

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 23:36:02 +0000

Hi.

Has anybody out there tried to use the API to add metadata blocks to a
bundle?

I have just been trying and have discovered that the  code is what we
round this part of the woods describe as a bit of a pig's breakfast.

In particular, the APIServer.cc code corrupts the internal state when
the block arrives across the API by copying the Bundle Protocol block
type into the ontology field so that the generated internal data block
is different from the one you sent across the wire.  

It also appears that the metadata block structure as implemented in the
code doesn't match the structure in RFC 6258.

I need to fix this as I want to use a metadata block.  Is it going to
screw anybody else up if I change the code to match the specification?

Please let me know asap.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Elwyn

---

From: "Scott, Keith L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:03:39 +0000

Won't mess us up, but thanks for volunteering!

		--keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Elwyn Davies
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:36 PM
To: DTN Users
Subject: [dtn-users] Metadata blocks in DTN2

Hi.

Please let me know asap.

Elwyn

_______________________________________________
dtn-users mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users