Subject: [dtn-users] IPND in DTN2

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:25:14 +0000

Hi, Angela

I just enabled the new IPND capability in DTN2.

I have now realized that this is currently setup as an either/or with
the pre-existing IP discovery. I discovered this when my existing
configuration file barfed on the old style 'add discovery' command.

Looking at the code and compilation setup, it appears that the two types
of discovery could co-exist in the daemon provided the two mechanisms
have separate 'afname' parameters.  At present they share the 'ip' name
- would it be possible to use a different afname for your new code
('ip2' or 'ipnd' perhaps) so that both types of discovery can be used
with a single daemon.  In practice, at present, the code for both types
of discovery is compiled whether IPND is enabled or not - only the
selection of class to initialize and some minor variations to the help
text are changed by selecting --with-ipnd - so the overhead of allowing
both types of discovery to be used is minimal. [It would probably be
better from an efficiency point of view if the IPND code was not
compiled if the --with-ipnd options is not selected.] 

Regards,
Elwyn