Subject: [dtn-users] DTN2 NORM convergence layer

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:38:32 +0000

Hi, Brian.

Sergey Reskin and I have been trying to get the NORM convergence layer
working in DTN2.

I get the impression that the NORM code has moved along a bit since
there was much activity with NORM and DTN2 with the result that it
appears the latest daily snapshot compiles and links OK with DTN2 but
doesn't run.  Crashes when trying to send a bundle for transmission.

I took a snapshot of the version 1.4b4 code about 2 years ago - the
README.TXT is dated March 13 2009 and the TODO.TXT April 12 2010.  This
version appears to be nearly compabible with DTN2 - it runs after I
added case statements for NORM_TX_RATE_CHANGED to NORMReceiver.cc and
NORMSessionManager.cc event case statements.

Would it be possible to:
1. Put a snapshot of the code that will work on the navy.mil downlaod
site.
2. Let us know what has been changed and/or provide some patches that
will allow the most recent code to be used with DTN2.

Regards,
Elwyn Davies
Folly Consulting/ Trinity College Dublin

---

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:40:21 -0500

I'll talk to the guys who did the DTN binding.  There are some important fixes to pick up from the current code and I suspect the NORM API calls may need some minor tweaking

Sent from my iPhone