Subject: [dtn-users] Help required for installation of ION over Debian / Raspbian

From: "Ugo Poddine su Gmail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:44:59 +0100

Hello everyone,

I've recently installed ION on Debian and on Raspbian using DPKG (without
building /compiling it)

When I try to start for the first time ionadmin (with 1 1 ""), I'm getting
(both on Debian and on a Raspberry) the following errors, coming - I suppose
- from the SDR database.

at line 909 of ici/sdr/sdrxn.c, Wrong profile for this SDR. (ion)

at line 605 of ici/library/ion.c, Unable to load SDR profile for ION.

at line 145 of ici/utils/ionadmin.c, ionadmin can't initialize ION

I was unable to understand the real reason of the problem, neither from the
MAN of ionadmin and of ionconfig (where several details regarding SDR are
well explained) nor from the ION documentation.

Do somebody has an idea of how the SDR profile can be created ?

Any help will be appreciated

Regards, tnx

Ugo P

---

From: "Ugo Poddine su Gmail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:16:26 +0100

Hello Jeremy,

after having downloaded also the source .tar file, where the “configs”
folder is located, and thanks to your tip, I was able to solve the problem
and start playing (UDP and LTP at the moment).

Thank-you for your help !

Cheer

Ugo

Da: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Inviato: lunedì 23 marzo 2015 19:16
A: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Oggetto: RE: [Ion-users] Help required for installation of ION over Debian /
Raspbian

Hello Ugo,

That error usually appears when you've started ionadmin (or any of the other
admin programs) without actually starting ION, as the ION startup process
will create the SDR database.

You can use ionstart to start the system, and there are some test
configurations in the ./configs directory of the ion tarball. For example
(and assuming that we're in the root directory where you extracted ion, run:
ionstart -I ./configs/loopback-udp/loopback.rc

That should start ION in a loopback configuration, using the UDP CLA. Also,
to stop ION, use ionstop.

Thanks,
Jeremy

  _____  

From:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked] [[email-masked]] on behalf
of Ugo Poddine su Gmail [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 6:44 PM
To:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked];
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Subject: [Ion-users] Help required for installation of ION over Debian /
Raspbian

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently installed ION on Debian and on Raspbian using DPKG (without
building /compiling it)

When I try to start for the first time ionadmin (with 1 1 “”), I’m getting
(both on Debian and on a Raspberry) the following errors, coming – I suppose
– from the SDR database.

Regards, tnx

Ugo P