Subject: [dtn] CLA-specific endpoint identifier

From: Loiseau lucien <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 10:21:24 +0200

Hi,

I was wondering if there has been any update on effort to standardise
the dtn URI scheme:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-dtn-uri-scheme-00

On a related matter, It would make sense to have a link-specific EID
to identify a dtn node based on its specific dtn interfaces such as:

tcp4://1.2.3.4,4556
or
tcp6://fe80::c4ff:5678:1234:ffb8,4556

Since every link-local EID would be CLA-specific, could we create a
new scheme "cla" with value 3 whose scheme-specific part would have
relevance to the convergence-layer managing this interface. The 'cla'
scheme could follow the following format:

cla:<CLA-NAME>:<CLA-SPECIFIC-PART>

So the two previous example would be for instance:

cla:tcpclv4:tcp4:1.2.3.4,4556
cla:stcp:tcp4:1.2.3.4,4557
cla:stcp:tcp6:fe80::c4ff:5678:1234:ffb8,4556

What do you think ?

Lucien
Lead Mesh Networking Scientist @ RightMesh