Subject: Re: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12.txt

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:06:05 +0000

All,
A last draft of the TCPCLv4 specification has been made. The only PDU change in this last edit was to reduce the size of extension item length fields from 32-bit to 16-bit. Some typos were corrected in table headings and labels, and the Section 4 tables now display both the enumerated item name as well as encoded value. An additional SHOULD statement was added to Transfer Length Extension to indicate that it serves no purpose for single-segment transfers.

With this edit all of the outstanding issues have been addressed.

And for the sake of implementation aid (and hopefully for long-term use) a reference wireshark dissector has been published at <https://github.com/BSipos-RKF/dtn-bpbis-tcpcl/tree/develop/wireshark-plugin>.

________________________________
From: dtn <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 23:03
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Brian Sipos
                          Michael Demmer
                          Joerg Ott
                          Simon Perreault
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12.txt
        Pages           : 51
        Date            : 2019-03-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based
   convergence layer (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The
   protocol revision is based on implementation issues in the original
   TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol
   contents, encodings, and convergence layer requirements in Bundle
   Protocol Version 7.  Specifically, the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7
   bundles as its service data unit being transported and provides a
   reliable transport of such bundles.  Several new IANA registries are
   defined for TCPCLv4 which define some behaviors inherited from
   TCPCLv3 but with updated encodings and/or semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn