Subject: [dtn] 2019 STINT Workshop at IEEE SMC-IT - Call For Papers

From: Juan Andres Fraire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:44:45 -0300

6th International Workshop on Space-Terrestrial Internetworking (STINT
Workshop 2019)

Apologize for double posting: Submission deadline is May 27th.

Hosted at the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Space Mission
Challenges for Information Technology (SMC-IT), which will take place in
Pasadena, CA, USA from July 30 to August 1, 2019.

Workshop Scope and Overview
---------------------------

IEEE SMC-IT gathers system and software engineers, scientists, and other
practitioners with the objective of advancing information technology (IT)
for space missions. The STINT Workshop, part of SMC-IT in 2019, addresses
emerging technical topics related to data exchange between and amongst
space-based and terrestrial network nodes. Such communications systems
accept space assets as first-class nodes performing common network
functions including stateful packet inspection, routing, management, and
security. Research papers are solicited for the protocols, applications,
and operational concepts required to make these internetworks both
technically feasible and operationally deployable. Specifically, STINT
welcomes researchers and practitioners in the following areas.

* Modeling and dynamics of mobile space-based for optical\RF networks
* Autonomous configuration and control of network nodes
* Protocols, applications, and concepts for network management
* Adaptive networking technologies (e.g., SDN, ICN)
* Delay- and disruption-tolerant networking
* Store-and-forward routing, congestion modeling, and topological
synchronization
* Deep Space Networks and the solar system Internet
* End-to-end security services across an internetworking overlay
* Commercial/scientific/government mission concepts enabled by internetworks
* Optical network availability, resilience and survivability
* Optical network using photonic integrated circuits
* Optical time and frequency transfer

Submission Guidelines
---------------------

STINT follows the guidelines for paper and poster submissions for the IEEE
SMC-IT conference. Specifically, accepted and presented full-length
Research Papers (8 pages) will be published in the conference proceedings
and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Indexing databases.

Submissions are made via EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=stint2019

Important Dates
---------------
* Paper submission: May 27, 2019
* Paper notification: June 18, 2019
* Camera ready: July 10, 2019
* Workshop: July 30 to August 1, 2019

More information
----------------
STINT website: https://www.stintworkshops.org
SMC-IT website: https://smcit.ecs.baylor.edu/

Workshop Chairs
---------------
* Edward J. Birrane (APL),
* Juan A. Fraire (CONICET-UNC, Saarland University),
* Scott C. Burleigh (JPL-NASA),
* Marius Feldmann (TUD),
* Nelli Mosavi (APL)