Subject: [dtn] bpbis: BPSEC MUST or SHOULD

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 12:51:30 -0400

Hello,
  from our AD review of BPBis, there was a question on whether make 
BPSEC a MUST or SHOULD implement: i.e. a conformant BPbis implementation 
MAY/SHOULD/MUST also implement BPsec. The concensus in the room was for 
a SHOULD. This email is to confirm the concensus. Please state your 
position by replying to the list. If you agree with SHOULD, please also 
reply so that chairs can see the support of each options.

=====
in BPbis, BPSEC MAY/SHOULD/MUST be implemented? (expected answer: MAY, 
SHOULD or MUST)

Rationale for your answer?
====

Regards, Marc, co-chair

---

From: "Burleigh, Scott C (US 312B)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 04:23:25 +0000

Another point on which I don't have a strong opinion, but my vote would be for SHOULD implement.  In real operation I think bpsec (at least a BIB on the primary block) would be mandatory in practice, but some closed environments bpsec might be unnecessary; when this is the case, requiring an implementation seems excessive.

Scott

From: dtn <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Marc Blanchet
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:52 AM
To: DTN WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [dtn] bpbis: BPSEC MUST or SHOULD

Hello,
from our AD review of BPBis, there was a question on whether make BPSEC a MUST or SHOULD implement: i.e. a conformant BPbis implementation MAY/SHOULD/MUST also implement BPsec. The concensus in the room was for a SHOULD. This email is to confirm the concensus. Please state your position by replying to the list. If you agree with SHOULD, please also reply so that chairs can see the support of each options.

=====
in BPbis, BPSEC MAY/SHOULD/MUST be implemented? (expected answer: MAY, SHOULD or MUST)

Regards, Marc, co-chair