Subject: [dtn] bpbis: maximum hop limit

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 12:51:33 -0400

Hello,
  from our AD review of BPBis, there was a question on should there be a 
maximum hop limit, and if yes, what value should it be. There was some 
discussion today during the meeting, and it went towards specifying a 
maximum hop limit in BPbis, but there was almost no discussion on the 
possible value. So please provide your input here by replying to the 
list.

=======
Should there be a maximum hop limit in BPbis?  (expected answer: yes or 
no)

If yes, what value should it be?  (expected answer: an unsigned integer 
value)

Rationale for your answers?

=========

Thanks, Marc, co-chair.

---

From: "Burleigh, Scott C (US 312B)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 04:19:35 +0000

I have no strong feeling on this, but my vote would be for a limit of 255.  Implementation would be easy, and I can't imagine a route of more than 255 hops being nominal.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: dtn <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Marc Blanchet
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:52 AM
To: DTN WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [dtn] bpbis: maximum hop limit

Hello,
  from our AD review of BPBis, there was a question on should there be a maximum hop limit, and if yes, what value should it be. There was some discussion today during the meeting, and it went towards specifying a maximum hop limit in BPbis, but there was almost no discussion on the possible value. So please provide your input here by replying to the list.

=======

=========

Thanks, Marc, co-chair.

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn