Subject: [dtn] No-known IPR on BPbis and BPsec

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:46:36 +0000

DTN WG,

My current reading of the IPR situation for Bundle Protocol v7
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis/) and Bundle Protocol
Security Specification
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec/) is that the
respective authors all have been asked and answered negatively to the
question if they have any IPR they need to declare. Neither has anyone else
done a first or third party declaration on either of these specifications
based on their knowledge. If anyone that has been making contribution to
these documents and have not yet fulfilled their obligations as specified by
BCP 79 (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8179.txt) please make your
declarations now. 

Assuming that no additional declarations are made I don't see the IPR
question as holding up progressing the documents. 

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

TSV AD