Subject: [dtn] DTN WG updated charter milestones

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:57:04 -0400

Hello,
  following our discussion during the interim meeting today, I have 
grouped the agreed milestones as follows. This email is a call for 
comments on these milestones. Please show support or comment by friday 
sept 27th, so co-chairs get a good view of the working group. If agreed, 
then we will forward this to our AD for consideration.

Marc.

DTN WG Updated Charter Milestones

Bundle Protocol Additional Blocks
   Bundle-in-Bundle Encapsulation (D)
   Manifest block
Neighbor Discovery (X)
Naming and Addressing
   Naming (X)
   Addressing (X)
   Registry of Service Identifiers
Asynchronous Management
   AMA Application Data Model (ADM) (D)
   Asynchronous Management Protocol (D)
   Asynchronous Management Protocol Agent ADM (D)
   Various protocol components agent ADM (D)
Security Key Management (D)
Additional Convergence Layers (X)

Legend:
D an active or recent draft exists on this topic
X RFCs or draft from dtnrg exists on this topic

---

From: "Burleigh, Scott C (US 312B)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:08:12 +0000

I agree with these milestones for the next phase of DTN WG.  I wish that security key management could be included as well, but I recognize that we have got resource constraints.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: dtn <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Marc Blanchet
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:57 PM
To: DTN WG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [dtn] DTN WG updated charter milestones

Hello,
  following our discussion during the interim meeting today, I have grouped the agreed milestones as follows. This email is a call for comments on these milestones. Please show support or comment by friday sept 27th, so co-chairs get a good view of the working group. If agreed, then we will forward this to our AD for consideration.

Marc.

   Various protocol components agent ADM (D) Security Key Management (D) Additional Convergence Layers (X)

Legend:
D an active or recent draft exists on this topic X RFCs or draft from dtnrg exists on this topic

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 16:27:03 -0400

as it seems that formatting got lost for some/all members, attached is a 
PDF equivalent

Regards, Marc.

On 18 Sep 2019, at 15:57, Marc Blanchet wrote:

> sept 27th, so co-chairs get a good view of the working group. If 
> agreed, then we will forward this to our AD for consideration.
>
> Marc.
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:32:52 +0000

Hi Marc,

Maybe my assumptions made me missundstand. However, I didn't have the
impression that we agreed on any work item milestones yesterday. I
thought it was a good discussion which resulted in good indication of
what there was interest in and some indication into its prioritization.
And that this step is to seek further input of interest of the work and
willingness to contribute to the various proposals from the rest of the
WG. 

As AD I do want the WG to take on a reasonable amount of work that can
be completed in a timely fashion.

Cheers

Magnus

On Wed, 2019-09-18 at 15:57 -0400, Marc Blanchet wrote:
> agreed, 
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:43:18 -0400

On 19 Sep 2019, at 8:32, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> impression that we agreed on any work item milestones yesterday.

well, I let others jump in. But my impression is that there was 
agreement on the list we came to. And the purpose of the email I sent 
was exactly to verify support/agreement/disagreement on the mailing 
list.

After agreement on the list, we (the wg) will have to decide if we 
tackle all of them at the same time, or we take a shorter list. The 
purpose of the email was also to get some input on this.

> I

yes.  it is clear that this list is large. So I expect comments on that 
or in other words, commitment to work.

> be completed in a timely fashion.

yes. me too.

However, as an indicator, I put a note in front of each topic to 
describe if there is a draft already or previous work (meaning needs to 
be updated). As you can see, most of the topics we are not starting from 
scratch. So we could accomplish significant work as we are updating many 
specs.

Marc.