Subject: [dtn] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-15.txt> (Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:36:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking
WG (dtn) to consider the following document: - 'Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP
Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4'
  <draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based
   convergence layer (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The
   protocol revision is based on implementation issues in the original
   TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol
   contents, encodings, and convergence layer requirements in Bundle
   Protocol Version 7.  Specifically, the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7
   bundles as its service data unit being transported and provides a
   reliable transport of such bundles.  Several new IANA registries are
   defined for TCPCLv4 which define some behaviors inherited from
   TCPCLv3 but with updated encodings and/or semantics.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.