Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 14:04:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Brian Sipos
                          Michael Demmer
                          Joerg Ott
                          Simon Perreault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2019-11-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a revised protocol for the TCP-based
   convergence layer (TCPCL) for Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  The
   protocol revision is based on implementation issues in the original
   TCPCL Version 3 of RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol
   contents, encodings, and convergence layer requirements in Bundle
   Protocol Version 7.  Specifically, the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7
   bundles as its service data unit being transported and provides a
   reliable transport of such bundles.  Several new IANA registries are
   defined for TCPCLv4 which define some behaviors inherited from
   TCPCLv3 but with updated encodings and/or semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:18:00 +0000

All,
This latest draft of TCPCLv4 addresses comments from SECDIR review and IANA review. It does not change any of the messaging structure, only clarifies behaviors related to TLS use and sequencing, and fixes some contradictory text.
________________________________
From: dtn <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 17:04
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-16.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:27:08 +0000

Hi Brian,

Can you please try to get feedback on the update from the Secdir reviewer, or if
you already have, it provide a pointer to that. 

Anyway, looking at the update I did find an issue we need to fix. 

In Section 9.1 the Update to the dtn-bundle TCPCL port registration. 

As this is an IETF protocol now, the assigne should be:

IESG <[email-masked]>

IESG have had some discussion about the contact person and if that also should
be the IESG, the WG or an individual. The argument for making it to IESG is that
it likely to be more long term stable that the other options. But, this is more
open to discussion, so consider what makes most sense long term and use that. 

When it comes to references I think there is a point to list both the RFC-TBA as
well as RFC7242 that defines the earlier version. But, please list RFC7242 after
this docuemnt. 

Cheers

Magnus

On Fri, 2019-11-22 at 22:18 +0000, Brian Sipos wrote:
> All,
> This latest draft of TCPCLv4 addresses comments from SECDIR review and IANA
> review. It does not change any of the messaging structure, only clarifies
> behaviors related to TLS use and sequencing, and fixes some contradictory
> text.
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------