Subject: [dtn] RFC5050 obsolete status

From: Rick Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:14:22 +0000

Dear Working Group,

It has been noted by our AD that after the call for consensus on
obsoleting RFC5050, the chairs failed to make an announcement on the
result.

This message is to make that announcement, namely:

* Having consulted with the IETF ADs and IRTF, there now exists a
mechanism whereby an IETF document can obsolete an IRTF document, and
draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis will request that RFC5050 be marked as obsolete.

* As the working group charter is updated, we will state clearly that
there is no intent to work on or make compatible work with RFC5050 and
related RFCs.

* DTN working group document authors have reviewed the IANA registries
as they are today and have requested whatever modifications needed,
which may include changing the policies, the content, the rules, etc. 
These changes are documented in draft-ietf-dtn-bpbis.

Kind Regards,

Rick and Marc, co-chairs