Subject: Re: [dtn] Reassigning of TCP port 4556 to IESG

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 17:30:51 +0000

Yes, this is correct.

Thanks,
Simon

________________________________
De: Magnus Westerlund
Envoyé: Jeudi 20 février 2020 09:58
À: Simon Perreault
Cc: [email-masked]
Objet: Reassigning of TCP port 4556 to IESG

Hi Simon,

Is it correct that you are the assigne of TCP Port 4556 (registerred using
[email-masked])?

The registry entry is visible here (first entry):

https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml?search=4556

IF you are can you please confirm that you approve this port to be re-assigned
to IESG? This to follow the default rules per RFC 6335 for IETF stream documents
that have port usages.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:59:18 +0000

Hi Simon,

Can you please confirm that you approve with re-assigning this port (4566/TCP)
to the IESG (as custodians) of IETF protocol's port registrations as specified
in RFC 6335. 

The reason for requesting this re-assignment is that now that TCPCLv4 will
become an IETF proposed standard using this port number I think it is
appropriate that the change control over the port registration resides with the
IETF through the IESG rather than an individual. 

Cheers

Magnus

-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund