Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 18:01:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Brian Sipos
                          Michael Demmer
                          Joerg Ott
                          Simon Perreault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-19.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2020-03-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a TCP-based convergence layer (TCPCL) for
   Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  This version of the TCPCL protocol
   resolves implementation issues in the earlier TCPCL Version 3 of
   RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol (BP) contents, encodings,
   and convergence layer requirements in BP Version 7.  Specifically,
   the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7 bundles as its service data unit
   being transported and provides a reliable transport of such bundles.
   This version of TCPCL also includes security and extensibility
   mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:42:05 +0000

All,
This latest version of the TCPCLv4 draft fixes many typos in the last draft,
adds clarifying comments from IESG reviewers, and tightens up the TLS security
requirements and explanations.

Important clarifying changes are:
 * Add explicit requirement for network byte order for integer encodings.
 * Use the term "entity" consistently to mean the TCPCL entity implementing the
protocol and exchanging messages on TCP.
 * Use the term "terminate" consistently where sometimes the older "shutdown"
was used.
 * Simplified the Idle/Live/Ending substate definitions and uses.

One protocol change was to the "XFER_REFUSE Reason Codes" tables to align the
code points for values 1-3 with TCPCLv3. There is no strict reason for this
alignment, but it makes transitioning an implementation simpler and avoids
potential confusion about same reason with different code point.

On Sat, 2020-03-07 at 18:01 -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dtn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn
> 
>