Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 05:25:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delay-Tolerant Networking TCP Convergence Layer Protocol Version 4
        Authors         : Brian Sipos
                          Michael Demmer
                          Joerg Ott
                          Simon Perreault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2020-06-12

Abstract:
   This document describes a TCP-based convergence layer (TCPCL) for
   Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN).  This version of the TCPCL protocol
   resolves implementation issues in the earlier TCPCL Version 3 of
   RFC7242 and updates to the Bundle Protocol (BP) contents, encodings,
   and convergence layer requirements in BP Version 7.  Specifically,
   the TCPCLv4 uses CBOR-encoded BPv7 bundles as its service data unit
   being transported and provides a reliable transport of such bundles.
   This version of TCPCL also includes security and extensibility
   mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 12:59:35 +0000

All,
The -21 draft of TCPCLv4 is intended to address all AD and IESG comments to-date on the protocol itself. Changes from -20 are mostly informative policy trade-off explanation in Section 3, and correcting some phrasing/typos elsewhere. There is no change to the function of the protocol.

>From AD and SECDIR questions, there is a now a companion (very rough) draft [1] addressing PKIX certificate issuing for TCPCL (and DTN generally).

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sipos-acme-dtnnodeid-00

________________________________
From: dtn <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 08:25
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dtn-tcpclv4-21.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dtn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn