Subject: [dtn] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:12:26 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Christian Huitema for the SECDIR review.

I support the DISCUSS positions of Martin Duke, Francesca Palombini and
Benjamin Kaduk whose substantive positions have already noted what would have
been my feedback.

** Section 4.5.  Per “The total number of bytes processed with a single key for
AES-GCM is recommended to be less than 2^64, as described in Appendix B of
[AES-GCM].”  It would also be worth nothing that in additional to the number of
process bytes, that there is a limit of 2^32 of invocations with the same key
per Section 8.3 of [AES-GCM].