Subject: [dtn] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-dtn-01-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 07:53:09 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-dtn-01-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dtn/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am puzzled by merging two different aspects in a single category:
"Operations, Administration and Management (OAM), and Key Management". The
first one is clearly OPS but the second one is probably more in SEC area.

What is the meaning of QoS and QoS indication in such networks ?

Should there be a collaboration with intarea WG about the tunnels ?

While there is a "Management Architecture and Protocols" milestone, there are
none about "operations and administration" (to fully fit the OAM category).

Some nits ?:
- s/in production by government and commercial organizations world-wide./in
production by governments and commercial organizations world-wide./ -
s/Operations, Administration and Management/Operations, Administration, and
Management/ - s/best practices learned from existing deployment./best practices
learned from existing deployments./