Subject: [dtn] BPSec Default SC example issues

From: "Sipos, Brian J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:55:34 +0000

All,

I confirmed this with the authors of the default-sc draft [1], and am
posting here to help anyone using the examples before they can be fixed
before publication. Each of the abstract security block structures in the
examples is missing the second layer of the results portion (the array of
results for an individual target). It has the first layer (array with each
item corresponding to a target) and the third layer (two-tuple of a single
result type-and-value) with valid sizes and contents. Each of the examples
contain one result-per-target so the second-layer arrays should all contain
a single item (a single two-tuple). This is consistent with the structure in
Figure 2 of BPSec [2].

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc-11

[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-27#page-16

---

From: "Birrane, Edward J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:14:18 +0000

All,

  The clarified text being proposed in the AUTH48 for BPSec is as follows (for the Security Results portion of section 3.6)

OLD:
An individual result is represented as a 2-tuple of a result id and a result value,  defined as follows.

NEW:
An individual result is represented as a CBOR array comprising a 2-tuple of a result id and a result value,  defined as follows.

-Ed

Edward J. Birrane, III, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Chief Engineer, Space Constellation Networking
Space Exploration Sector
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
(W) 443-778-7423 / (C) 443-690-8272

From: dtn <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Sipos, Brian J.
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [EXT] Alert-Verify-Sender: [dtn] BPSec Default SC example issues

All,
I confirmed this with the authors of the default-sc draft [1], and am posting here to help anyone using the examples before they can be fixed before publication. Each of the abstract security block structures in the examples is missing the second layer of the results portion (the array of results for an individual target). It has the first layer (array with each item corresponding to a target) and the third layer (two-tuple of a single result type-and-value) with valid sizes and contents. Each of the examples contain one result-per-target so the second-layer arrays should all contain a single item (a single two-tuple). This is consistent with the structure in Figure 2 of BPSec [2].