Subject: [e2md] Yet another charter iteration

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:06:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Thanks again for the interesting discussions we had on- and off-list! 
As a result, the charter has reached a fair maturity level by now.

Dean and myself have slightly adjusted the wording in the scope section
of the charter, and rearranged some paragraphes.

As usual, you can find the most recent version on:
  http://ucom.ch/ietf/e2md-bof/e2md-proposed-charter.txt

For your convenience you can find a diff -u below.

Please send any comments you might have NOW as we are finalizing the 
charter proposal by tonight.

cheers,
  Bernie

---

cvs diff: Diffing .
Index: e2md-proposed-charter.txt
===================================================================
RCS file: 
/var/lib/cvs/var/www/ucom.ch/ietf/e2md-bof/e2md-proposed-charter.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -u -r1.7 e2md-proposed-charter.txt
--- e2md-proposed-charter.txt	16 Mar 2010 20:02:40 -0000	1.7
+++ e2md-proposed-charter.txt	18 Mar 2010 14:54:35 -0000
@@ -110,6 +110,19 @@
  provide the means for data related to E.164 numbers that do not fit
  into the classic concept of ENUM (E2U).

+Furthermore, the E2MD working group will produce guidelines for the
+development and review of future proposals for E2MD service
+specifications, as well as define a registration process for future
+E2MD services. Until this process is in place, the E2MD working group
+will act as the central point for discussion and review of proposals
+for new E2MD services.
+
+The E2MD working group will ensure that each E2MD service
+specification published follows IETF practices and, in particular,
+includes a thorough Security Considerations section as defined in RFC
+3552 / BCP 72 "Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security
+Considerations".
+
  The E2MD specifications shall reuse as much as possible from the ENUM
  DDDS and its IANA registry specification. Along with the E2MD DDDS
  application a new IANA registry will be specified for registration of
@@ -125,11 +138,6 @@
  transfer protocol, but rather focus on clear use cases related to
  E.164 numbers.

-The E2MD working group will, for each specification published, follow
-IETF practices and include a thorough Security Considerations section as
-defined in RFC 3552 / BCP 72 "Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on
-Security Considerations".
-
  Some of the metadata standardized by E2MD may be subject to policy
  constraints within certain administrative jurisdictions, such as
  national boundaries. When such policy constraints exist, it is the
@@ -141,12 +149,6 @@
  particular, the E2MD working group will not address AAA issues within
  the E2MD framework.

-A major product of the E2MD working group is to define a process and
-review model for the registration of new E2MD services with
-IANA. Until this process is in place, the E2MD working group will act
-as the central point for discussion and review of proposals for new
-E2MD services.
-

  Goals and Milestones
  --------------------