Subject: [EAI] Status of tickets, November 13

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:22:06 +0100

As of this date, my tracker lists 4 open tickets against the documents 
that have completed WG Last Call:

1504    UTF8HDR 4.2: Nested encodings avoidable?

  I believe the WG consensus is to permit nested encodings. Some 
tweaking of language is in order.

1505    SMTPEXT 2.2/2.8: Scan whole message to determine if UTF8SMTP is 
required?

  I believe the WG consensus is that one has to scan the whole message 
to determine if UTF8SMTP
  is required, including the MIME headers of nested MIME entities.
  This is a consequence of the architectural decision to not put any 
flag in the envelope or
  headers to say whether the message required UTF8SMTP or not.

  I beleive no change to the text is needed on this point.

1506    SMTPEXT cleanup of sections 3-5

  I believe the WG consensus is to remove section 3-5 more or less 
wholesale, keeping any
  information not pertaining to SMTP in an appendix listing "things that 
should have been
  in RFC 4952 if we had known them at the time".

1507    UTF8HDR/DSN: Remove NO-WS_CTL from specification?

  I do not detect any strong sense of the WG. In the absence of a sense 
of the WG, the change
  will remain unmade.

If posting on any specific issue, please include the ticket number (in 
the form #NNNN) in the subject line. Do NOT use "reply" on this message.

                      Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima