Subject: [EAI] Non-updated "scenarios" posted

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:02:59 +0100

FYI:

I have posted a version -03 of "scenarios", just because the old version 
had expired.

No changes to the document were made.

                    Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:02:16 +0100

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
 
> I have posted a version -03 of "scenarios", just because the
> old version had expired.  No changes to the document were made.

Apart from the message "this is still work in progress", is it
still in any way good or required to post "keep-alive" drafts ?

When I let my drafts expire and later revived them there was no
problem, the submission tool simply accepted it, and in the old
manual procedure the secretariat only noted the fact "revived".

Just curious:

 Frank

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:37:25 -0000

> still in any way good or required to post "keep-alive" drafts ?

And is there any need for "scenarios" to proceed to RFC? I thought its  
purpose was just to provide this WG with a list of points to look out for.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131                       
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:19:57 +0100

> purpose was just to provide this WG with a list of points to look out 
That decision has not yet been taken.

We're still not done with "downgrade", and the discussions that led to 
abandoning "upgrade" in POP and IMAP were very much driven by scenarios; 
those scenarios are not documented in either the POP/IMAP documents or 
the scenarios documents.

It would be nice to capture them somewhere.

                 Harald