Subject: [eap] Issue 172: Miscellaneous NITs

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 172: Miscellaneous NITs
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 9/11/2003
Reference:
http://mail.frascone.com/pipermail/public/eap/2003-September/001655.html
Document: EAP-05
Comment type: E
Priority: S
Section: Various
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

In Section 1.2, add:

"AAA
Authentication, Authorization and Accounting. AAA protocols with EAP
support
include RADIUS [RFC3579] and Diameter [Diam-EAP]. In this
document, the terms "AAA server" and "backend authentication
server are used interchangeably."

In Section 2.2, Figure 1, page 11, change "Layer" to "layer"

In Section 3.4, change:

" To improve reliability, if a peer receives a lower layer success
indication as defined in Section 7.2, it MAY conclude that a Success
packet has been lost, and behave as it had actually received a
Success packet. This includes choosing to ignore the Success in some
circumstances as described in Section 4.2."

To:

" To improve reliability, if a peer receives a lower layer success
indication as defined in Section 7.2, it MAY conclude that a Success
packet has been lost, and behave as if it had actually received a
Success packet. This includes choosing to ignore the Success in some
circumstances as described in Section 4.2."

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap