Subject: [Ecrit] Comments on ecrit-requirements-00 section 5: L6 and L29

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:30:01 -0400

L6: the "motivation" is really just a definition, and there is a better 
definition in the terminology section.  I think the real motivation is 
to provide opportunity to improve the accuracy of the routing process 
and to speed emergency call setup.  Actual text:

"Motivation: this provides the opportunity to help assure the accuracy 
of routing of emergency calls, and avoid delays during emergency call 
setup due to invalid locations."

L29:
(1) It would be good if this followed immediately after L6, since the 
two requirements are closely related.

(2) The motivation is too broad relative to the requirement.  I'd 
suggest something like the following:

"Motivation: failures of routine procedures or special circumstances 
will inevitably result in the occasional presentation of non-validated 
and in some cases invalid locations. The emergency routing system must 
provide a reasonable response to them."

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit