Subject: [Ecrit] Comment on ecrit-requirements-00

From: "Abbott, Nadine B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:27:20 -0400

Suggest that we add in to Section 6 a requirement for the capability to
distinguish an emergency "test call" as previously described in I-Ds on
emergency services architectures. This is necessary so that the
emergency service that receives the call can provide different
processing for such test calls. Proposed text:

It must be possible to distinguish an emergency "test call."

   Ax?.  Emergency Test Call Marking: Emergency test requests MUST be
recognizable and marked  
      by user agents, proxies, and other network elements as emergency
test calls.

      Motivation: SIP and other call signaling protocols are not
      specific to one country or service provider and devices are likely
      to be used across national or service provider boundaries.  Since
      services such as disabling mandatory authentication for emergency
      calls requires the cooperation of outbound proxies, the outbound
      proxy has to be able to recognize the emergency test call and be
      assured that it will be routed as an emergency call. However, the
PSAP 
      receiving the call will want to handle the emergency test call
differently
      from a real emergency call.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit