Subject: RE: [Ecrit] comments on draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-mapping-arch-00

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:05:26 -0600

Yup I agree it doesn't.
My honest opinion is that it will come from the Infrastructure providers
and will actually remain with them, which one of the reasons why I don't
see DHCP working in that environment, by that is a different can of
worms.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, 6 November 2005 2:21 PM
> To: Winterbottom, James
> Cc: Andrew Newton; ECRIT
> Subject: Re: [Ecrit] comments on
draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-mapping-arch-00
> 
> Winterbottom, James wrote:
> > Actually that is not true NENA I2.
> > NENA I2 requires validated data provided by a LIS.
> > The FCC has introduced an interim order that says user entered
location
> > is okay for now until ISPs and VSPs can provide it. But time is
running
> > out as a second order is expected soon that will more than likely
> > mandate this functionality.
> 
> I'm curious where this information will come from. Will the FCC
mandate
> that ISPs provide this information? If not the ISP, where would the
VSP
> get the information except by asking the user where they live?
> 
> Just adding "LIS" doesn't magically make the information appear...
> 
> Henning

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit