Subject: [Ecrit] Potential problem with re-mapping.

From: Shida Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:04:39 -0800

Pondering over the solution of re-mapping, I realized
that there are 2 cases(that I can think of) where resolution
of mapping conducted by Outbound proxy may differ from what's
inside the message, even if existing URI in the message is
really a PSAP URI.

1. When there are several PSAPs managing the same region
and LOST possibly returning URIs that are different sort
of in a round robin fashion.

2. When LOST server responsible for the region is overloaded
and mapping request is redirected to LOST server responsible for
neighboring region, returning a PASP URI for the region, LOST
server is responsible.

Case 1 arose because of the current requirement allows for
mutliple PSAP managing one region(Ma16) yet only allowing
one PSAP URI per scheme. So every LOST request can return
a different PSAP URI.

I don't think Case 2 can be solved using re-mapping method.
Something along the line of TLD solution or SIP-Cert may work.

I might be misreading the requirement, so if I am I apologize.

Regards
Shida

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit