Subject: [Ecrit] New ID describing where mapping can occur

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:33:25 -0600

ECRIT WG

I have written a series of new mapping IDs based on a core ID here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt

which describes where ECRIT mapping can occur, with message flows involving 
several protocols. This ID does not have LoST shown yet, as the transport 
protocol hasn't been decided yet (HTTP or SOAP or ?), and is a stated open 
issue in the LoST ID.

The ECRIT Mapping Events Abstract is here:

    Emergency calling is a localized event, requiring a caller to place
    an specially identified local emergency call to a Public Safety
    Answering Point (PSAP), while including the location of the caller
    in that signaling.  The function of routing the set-up messaging to
    the appropriate PSAP is performed by a mapping function that binds a
    given location with one or more PSAP SIP(S)-URIs.  This function is
    done by the ECRIT mapping protocol.  This document analyzes when the
    ECRIT mapping protocol function can occur, and what general
    components are involved in that mapping.

Comments to this ID are encouraged

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit