Subject: [Ecrit] Review of framework-05

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:08:59 -0400

I only have minor comments and editorial nits. This is in great shape.
Barbara

Minor comments
--------------
1. Section 6.1, "Postal" definition, last sentence
"There is no other accommodation for postal addresses in these
protocols."
I thought there was a spot for the postal code. Wouldn't that be an
accommodation for postal addresses? And that postal code is very useful
in the overall validation process of civic locations in the US.

2. Section 6.6, last paragraph
"NENA recommends IP based systems complete calls in two seconds (i.e.,
last dial press to ring at PSAP)."
Is there a reference to a NENA doc for this recommendation?

3. Section 6.10, 2nd paragraph, last sentence
"Test functions (Section 15) should also re-validate."
I didn't completely understand this. Is this trying to say that when an
end device is doing its test function, that its LoST request needs to
request validation? Or is there something that the PSAP test function is
supposed to do?

4. Section 16
Need to note the note, and delete it when done.
"Ed.  Note: go through that doc and make sure any actions needed are
captured in the BCP text."

Editorial nits
--------------
Section 3, first paragraph 
"..., which maps a location to a set of PSAP or URIs."   Delete "or"
"...that serves an incoming proxy for group..."  Change to "...that
serves as an incoming proxy for a group..." 

Section 3, last line of Figure 2
Change "propogated" to "propagated"

Section 5, 2nd paragraph
"...or visited dialing strings..." change to "...or visited dial
strings..."

Section 6.1, location types
Instead of "Jurisdictional   this..." and "Postal   this...", maybe use
a colon and repeat the word being defined.

Section 6.2.3, 2nd paragraph
"...but need a "cold start period lasting more than a couple seconds on
need..."  Delete """ and "on".

Section 6.5, 2nd to last paragraph
"See Section Section 6.8..."  delete extra "Section"

Section 6.6, 2nd paragraph
"1,000,00" should be "1,000,000"

Section 6.8, 1st paragraph, 1s sentence
Change "make" to "may"

Section 6.8, last paragraph
"The LIS is should be aware..."   Delete "is"

Section 6.9, 1st paragraph
"Handling multiple locations is discussed in ."  Needs reference to
phonebcp
"It is permissable to send multiple locations towards the PSAP, but the
element that choses the route..."    "permissable" is "permissible" and
"choses" is "chooses"

Section 8, 5th paragraph from the end
"...it should use this cached value."   Change "this" to "its". There is
no antecedent for "this".

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA621

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit