Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Framework: References

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:08:18 +0300

The document contains a number of normative references. I wonder whether 
this is indeed necessary.
Why cannot you just have a single normative reference, namely to the 
Phone BCP document. The rest
is informative? If you don't do that then we have a lot of dependencies 
and a huge number of downrefs.

Two references are not up-to-date:

* [I-D.ietf-ecrit-service-urn]: RFC 5031

* [I-D.thomson-geopriv-lis-discovery]: it is already a WG item.

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC3263' is defined on line 1514, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC3265' is defined on line 1522, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC3311' is defined on line 1525, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 4507 (Obsoleted by RFC 5077)

  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 4676 (Obsoleted by RFC 4776)

Delete reference RFC 2119

You write:

"
   NENA recommends IP based systems complete calls in two seconds (i.e.,
   last dial press to ring at PSAP).
"

Reference to a NENA document that says that is missing.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:45:08 -0400

I think you have a good point on normative references.  Indeed, is there a
reason why -phonebcp needs to be normative?  What is "normative" in a
framework?

I'll fix the mistakes you found.  Thanks for pointing them out.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 10:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Framework: References

You write:

"