Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Framework: UI Issues

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:06:38 +0300

You write:

"
   Note: It is undesirable to have a single button emergency call user
   interface element.  These mechanisms tend to result in a very high
   rate of false or accidental emergency calls.  In order to minimize
   this rate, devices should only initiate emergency calls based on
   entry of specific emergency call dial strings.
"

I agree with you but is this really an issue for such a document?
UI issues are typically outside the scope of the IETF work. We have even
learned that UK dial string is not ideally from a UI issue either.
Still, we cannot argue that is has to be discontinued since this is not 
our job.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:36:29 -0400

There is no other place to put this information.  If you were an
implementor, would you not wish to know that what your intuition suggests
may be a good idea, is probably not?

This is not a protocol spec.  It's Best Current Practice.  This issues is
definitely a best current practice.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 10:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] ECRIT Framework: UI Issues

You write:

"