Subject: [Ecrit] Phone BCP: LoST Discovery

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:55:34 +0300

"
   ED-48 Endpoints MUST support LIS discovery as described in
   [I-D.thomson-geopriv-lis-discovery], and the LoST discovery as
   described in [I-D.ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery].
"

I think LoST discovery based on DHCP is only a SHOULD; not a MUST.
It is good to have it but not absolutely necessary. The DNS U-NAPTR
discovery described in LoST itself is mandatory.

"
   ED-49 The device MUST have a configurable default LoST server
   parameter.  If the device is provided by or managed by service
   provider, it is expected that the service provider will configure
   this option.
"

I believe that this default LoST server is not absolutely necessary.
The client may also use the U-NAPTR discovery procedure based on the
domain name it has.
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:19:31 -0400

I think Barbara asked for it to be a MUST.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] Phone BCP: LoST Discovery

"

"

---

From: "Stark, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:56:58 -0400

Yes, I did. 

Here is a quote from Section 4 (LoST Servers and Their Resolution) of
the current lost-09 text:

"Clients learn the LoST server's host name by means beyond the scope
   of this specification, such as SIP configuration and DHCP." 

If that's the case, then I want all clients to support both
configuration and DHCP methods. There are pros and cons to each.

The domain name that clients get behind routers are generally not
reliable for use in LoST discovery. They are "home" domains.
Barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Brian Rosen
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:20 PM
To: 'Hannes Tschofenig'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Phone BCP: LoST Discovery

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ecrit] Phone BCP: LoST Discovery

"

"

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA623