Subject: [Ecrit] terminology question

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:59:15 -0400

Hannes,

my apologies for the mundane question (and if I missed it in some  
document), but I just wanted to chase down a question of terminology  
for the sake of preciseness.

within the scope of ECRIT, how are you defining civilian and authority  
when using the terms civilian-to-authority and authority-to-authority?

for me, I gravitate to civilian = general public, and authority are  
people working on behalf of the government (Federal, state, local,  
tribal) for the common good.  Examples of "authority" in the ECRIT  
perspective would be fireman, police, dispatchers, even militia (e.g.,  
National Guard that gets mobilized during disasters).  On the other  
hand, I wouldn't characterize those that work for vendors, ISPs, the  
PSTN as "authority".  Would you agree with this perspective?

-ken

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit