Subject: [Ecrit] Comments for draft-robins-ecrit-sub-services-00.txt

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:23:49 +0300

Hi Robins,
Hi Qian,

thanks for submitting this document.

I have two questions/comments for your draft.

* There is a List Services query <listServices> in the LoST 
specification that allows you to list the services of a LoST server (see 
Section 10 of LoST). Is this functionality insufficient for your purpose.

* In your document you suggest to define new URNs that allow further 
differentiation between the type of service a PSAP might provide. You 
indicate

              urn:service:sos.police.terrorist
              urn:service:sos.police.arson
              urn:service:sos.police.robbery

as sub-services for urn:service:sos.police.

Did you have a chance to talk to PSAP operators whether they believe 
this functionality is something they would like to expose to the outside 
world?

When do you expect the user to indicate this type of detail (since there 
is a user-interface issue associated with this aspect)? I could imagine 
that you could quickly turn the person that reports certain crime into a 
detective when you, for example, allow the following information to be 
differentiated:

urn:service:sos.police.robbery
urn:service:sos.police.homicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.aggravated-assault
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.avunculicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.democide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.familicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.femicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.filicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.fratricide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.gendercide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.genocide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.infanticide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.mariticide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.matricide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.neonaticide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.parricide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.patricide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.regicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.sororicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.suicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.tyrannicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.manslaughter.uxoricide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.assassination
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.child-murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.consensual-homicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.contract-killing
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.honour-killing
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.lust-murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.lynching
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.mass-murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.murder-suicide
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.proxy-murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.ritual-murder
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.serial-killer
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.spree-killer
urn:service:sos.police.homicide.murder.torture-murder 
 
I guess you get the point. I am unsure where to stop with the types of sub-services and the ability of the person to know all these different things. 
Needless to say that there are persons other than Thomas Mueller and Sherlock Homes out there...

Ciao
Hannes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action:draft-robins-ecrit-sub-services-00.txt
Date: 	Wed, 2 Jul 2008 20:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) Sub-Services
	Author(s)       : R. George, Q. Sun
	Filename        : draft-robins-ecrit-sub-services-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2008-07-02

This document describes, how a LoST client can ask LoST server for
the list of sub services that it supports, and to incorporate
additional information about the service provider in response.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-robins-ecrit-sub-services-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit