Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 5223 on Discovering Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Servers Using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5223

        Title:      Discovering Location-to-Service Translation (LoST)
                    Servers Using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 
                    (DHCP) 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, J. Polk,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14936
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-dhc-lost-discovery-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5223.txt

The Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol describes an XML-
based protocol for mapping service identifiers and geospatial or
civic location information to service contact Uniform Resource
Locators (URLs).  LoST servers can be located anywhere, but a
placement closer to the end host, e.g., in the access network, is
desirable.  In disaster situations with intermittent network
connectivity, such a LoST server placement provides benefits
regarding the resiliency of emergency service communication.

This document describes how a LoST client can discover a LoST server
using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit