Subject: Re: [Ecrit] PSAP Callback: Status?

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 11:31:23 +0100

A functional requirement on the callback is that if an incoming call was
supported by some kind of coaching service (Text relay, sign relay, speech
relay, captioned call relay, spoken language interpreter etc.), then the
information provided with the incoming call must be sufficient for invoking
the same coaching service again with the callback. The callback must also
use the information provided with the incoming call in the right way to make
the callback with the same media and invoke the right coaching service in
the callback.

There are at least four ways to invoke coaching services in the incoming
call.

1. User initiated invocation. The user makes the combination of the
emergency number and the coaching service known to be needed in the call.
These two addresses are combined according to some rule in the call, so that
the coaching service is invoked together with the call to the PSAP.

2. Call service initiated invocation. The user has a profile registered with
the call service provider that indicates what coaching service shall be
invoked in emergency calls. So, when the user calls the emergency number,
the configured coaching service is invoked and connected in the call to the
PSAP. 

3. Coaching service initiated invocation. The user calls the coaching
service and asks them to call the emergency service. ( there are many
drawbacks with this method, but it is widely used. ) 

4. Emergency service initiated invocation. The PSAP call taker discovers the
need for invoking a coaching service in the call, and makes this invocation
after the incoming call has been set up. 
( it is usually a tough task to figure out what kind of coaching is needed,
so in most case it is preferred that the call arrives with coaching included
from the beginning).

I think we need to firm up the descriptions of incoming calls to make sure
that we get the correct information about media and coaching services, in
parallel with describing how coached calls shall be set up when calling
back.

Gunnar 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:23 PM
To: 'ECRIT'
Subject: [Ecrit] PSAP Callback: Status?

Hi all,

as you have seen from my previous mails I have distributed questions to 
other organizations, namely NENA, EENA and ETSI EMTEL, to solicit 
feedback and clarification regarding PSAP callback requirements.

So far, I have not seen a lot of feedback but I am sure we will receive 
something (after some time).

Since the submission deadline is ahead of us I am suggestion to reflect 
the discussions we had during the virtual interim meeting in the 
draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-psap-callback document itself.

Other suggestions?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

__________ NOD32 4900 (20100227) Information __________

Detta meddelande dr genomsvkt av NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.nod32.com