Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:27:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Non-Interactive Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Brian Rosen
                          Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-19.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-01-28

Abstract:
   RFC 6443 'Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia'
   describes how devices use the Internet to place emergency calls and
   how Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) handle Internet multimedia
   emergency calls natively.  The exchange of multimedia traffic for
   emergency services involves a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   session establishment starting with a SIP INVITE that negotiates
   various parameters for that session.  These calls involve a person,
   who uses the interactive media to communicate with the PSAP.

   In some cases, however, the transmission of application data is all
   that is needed, and no interactive media channel is established.
   Examples of such environments include alerts issued by a temperature
   sensor, burglar alarm, or chemical spill sensor.  Often these alerts
   are conveyed as one-shot data transmissions.  These type of
   interactions are called 'non-interactive emergency calls'.  This
   document describes use of a SIP MESSAGE transaction containing a
   container for the data based on the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP).
   MESSAGE does not establish a session, which differentiates this type
   of emergency request from a SIP INVITE, which would.  Any device that
   needs to initiate a request for emergency services where no
   interactive media channel will be established would use the
   mechanisms in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/