Subject: [Ecrit] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-17.txt> (A LoST extension to return complete and similar location info) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:55:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Emergency Context Resolution with
Internet Technologies WG (ecrit) to consider the following document: - 'A
LoST extension to return complete and similar location info'
  <draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces a new way to provide returned location
   information in LoST responses that is either of a completed or
   similar form to the original input civic location, based on whether
   valid or invalid civic address elements are returned within the
   <findServiceResponse> message.  This document defines a new extension
   to the <findServiceResponse> message within the LoST protocol
   (RFC5222) that enables the LoST protocol to return in a response a
   completed civic address element set for a valid location response,
   and one or more suggested sets of similar location information for an
   invalid location.  These two types of civic addresses are referred to
   as either "complete location" or "similar location", and are included
   as a compilation of CAtype XML elements within the existing LoST
   <findServiceResponse> message structure.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-similar-location/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.