Subject: EM: Call for Papers - Logistics Services and Electronic Commerce

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:58:13 +0100

Apologies for cross-posting; please pass on to interested
colleagues and distribute to relevant lists.
_________________________________________________________

Dear Colleagues,

EM - Electronic Markets - The International Journal of Electronic
Commerce & Business Media is a key forum for advancing the understanding
and practice of electronic markets and commerce
(www.electronicmarkets.org).

The 99/3 edition will focus on Logistics Services and
Electronic Commerce (EC).

In the field of logistics and transportation, changes brought about by
Electronic Commerce are forcing new developments, including innovative
co-ordination mechanisms. Innovative concepts concerning organisations and
technologies like "Virtual Organisations" and "Electronic Markets" are
gaining importance within an industry context that demands increased
flexibility and substantial efficiency gains. Within the area of ”Logistics
Services and EC", topics and concepts concerning Electronic Commerce in the
logistics sector are becoming more and more important. Fields of activities
such as logistics services in Electronic Markets or, conversely Electronic
Markets for logistics services are gaining attention. The changes occurring
to the entire value and supply chains within different industrial sectors
are another focus.  As the process of concentration within logistics
services is occurring at pace, this complex field will be the focus of the
99/3 edition.

We are currently searching for articles dealing with the current status of
projects, visions and policies related to Electronic Commerce within the
area of logistics.

Possible topics include:

1. theoretical frameworks, reference models etc. as they are applied to
   the field of logistics,
2. key players (established and emerging players) and their strategies
   for employing EC efficiently in the logistics sector and/ or the
   Electronic Market for logistics services,
3. the role, challenges, tasks, and problems of a new intermediary for
   logistics services within the development of disintermediation in
   this sector,
4. aspects in the settlement phase of business transactions where
   logistics services come to the fore,
5. promotion of the diffusion of EC technologies used in the field of
   logistics,
6. the question of open versus closed platforms, the strategy for the
   future, etc. within an Electronic Market for logistics services,
7. aspects of changes in the supply chains (status, future, steps of
   development) e.g. focussing on different industrial sectors,
8. electronic procurement within the combined fields of logistics and
   Electronic Markets, or
9. case studies on applied logistics services.

If you would like to submit a paper, please contact either the Managing
Editor Brigette Buchet at [email-masked] or the Guest Editor
Christoph Hoffmann at [email-masked]

The submission schedule is the following:

Submission due:          December 31, 1998
Notification to authors: February 15, 1999
Revisions due:           March 1, 1999
Publishing date:         Early July, 1999

For further information and guidelines, please refer to our guidelines
found on www.electronicmarkets.org (contributors section).

First published in 1991, EM was the first journal to report on the
developments and trends in Electronic Commerce, as well as the policies,
system concepts, methodologies, impacts, and cultural changes related to
this rapidly evolving field. As such the journal embraces the entire range
of electronic market issues -- covering not just transactions but also the
wider process of information seeking and distribution, negotiation, trust,
risk-taking, customer relationships, buyers finding sellers, sellers
finding customers, after-sale service and support.

EM Journal first covered the logistics sector in 1991 when we addressed
problems like EDI.  Due to tremendous changes in the filed of logistics as
well as in the development of Electronic Commerce it is high time to
re-focus our attention on logistics after a period of almost 8 years.

Electronic Markets is a multidisciplinary journal whose audience of
approximately 3000 readers, located around the world includes scientists,
policy and decision-makers working in government, industry and education.
Uniquely, EM is also read by managers concerned with the effects of the
Electronic Commerce revolution, organisations and society; and scholars
with an interest in the relationship between information technologies, new
forms of commerce and social change.

The Website (www.electronicmarkets.org) provides full coverage (including
all articles from the past 7 years) of the Journal's in-depth reporting on
current developments, the latest trends, the impacts, policies,
methodologies and cultural changes related to this exciting and rapidly
evolving new research field.

We are looking forward to your contribution.

Albest,

Christoph Hoffmann, Guest Editor
Brigette Buchet, Managing Editor
Dorian Selz, Executive Editor

======================================================================
Electronic Markets -
International Journal of Electronic Markets

Editorial Office:                      ¦  Editor-in-Chief:
                                       ¦  Professor Beat F. Schmid
mcm institute                          ¦  mcm institute for Media and
University of St.Gallen                ¦  Communications Management,
Mueller-Friedberg-Strasse 8            ¦  University of St.Gallen
CH-9000 St.Gallen                      ¦
Phone 0041/71/224 21 96                ¦  Dorian Selz - Executive Ed.
Fax   0041/71/224 27 71                ¦  Doerte Wittig - Managing Ed.
eMail [email-masked]        ¦  MCM Institute
www   http://www.electronicmarkets.org ¦  University of St.Gallen
======================================================================