Subject: New Version of HL7 secure transactions draft available.

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:26:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

a new version of the draft HL7 recommendation entitled "Secure HL7
transactions using Internet mail" is available. As you might know,
this document is co-submitted as an HL7 draft recommendation and
as an IETF Internet draft within the EDIINT working group. The two
different designations have two different files and version numbering
with essentially the same content (but different formatting).

The HL7 draft recommendation is in revision 1.4 now, while the
Internet draft is in version 01 as the file named:

draft-ietf-ediint-01.txt

Both designations are available in PostScript, PDF and ASCII form
from the following URL:

http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/security/

I'll also post the ASCII version of the Internet draft to the IETF
EDIINT list. Rik, given your approval, would you please forward this
to the Internet draft editor so that it gets posted on the EDIINT
section?

Modifications from the prior version HL7:1.2 IETF:00 include some
minor technical corrections plus an insertion of a section 6.1
titled "Caveats and false alarms about e-mail communication". This
section addresses common concerns of EDI people about using
e-mail. The major concerns are:

(1) e-mail is slow and has unpredictible timing
(2) e-mail messes up message sequences
(3) e-mail is unreliable

Needless to say that this section tries to defend e-mail from those
concerns. 

You questions and comments are always welcome,
thank you
-Gunther

Gunther Schadow ----------------------------------- http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
1001 W 10th Street RG5, Indianapolis IN 46202, Phone: (317) 630 7960
[email-masked] ---------------------- #include <usual/disclaimer>

---

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:44:20 -0500 (EST)

Seems as if posting the draft to the list was blocked. So, please
fetch it from the web site: http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu/security/

thank you
-Gunther