Subject: EM - Electronic Markets: Editorial Board, New Publisher and more

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:00:10 +0100

Apologies for cross-posting; please pass on to interested
colleagues and distribute to relevant lists.
_________________________________________________________

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to take this opportunity to announce some changes to the
journal.

** Editorial Board

We are honoured to introduce a distinguished editorial board. Leading
scholars and professionals from all over the world have agreed to
participate in the future development of the journal (find their names
and affiliations on our website).  We have no doubt that the editorial
board will help us attain our mission and goals as we move to a full,
double blind, peer review process to make sure that our content is of the
highest quality possible.

** Change of Publishers

Effective from January 1999 we will enter a publishing agreement with
Routledge Publishers, London. We are very happy about the prospects of
this venture. We will be able to expand coverage further, publish longer
papers focusing as much on discussion of results as underlying theory,
and reach out to a still larger audience. This will also mean a switch to
a subscription based model. Our current publisher deserves credit for
having travelled a great distance with us over the last three years.

** Change of Executive Editor

After nearly three years with the journal the term of Dorian Selz as
executive editor draws to a close.   All of us on the editorial team owe
him a debt of gratitude. Taking up the torch will be Brigette Buchet as
the new executive editor. She has previously held a similar position with
another business journal. Professor Beat F. Schmid remains as the Editor-
in-Chief and the vision behind EM, providing continuity and direction.

** Preliminary Call for Papers ”Electronic Commerce and Financial
   Services” Issue 99.4 - Vol.9, No.4

We are beginning to formulate plans for 99/4, which will be focused on
Electronic Commerce and Financial Services.  The formal call will go out
in early January, but if you are conducting research or business in this
area, please consider writing an article for us.  Details of the
submission process can be found on our website, in the section labelled
contributors.

** Call for Ad-hoc Reviewers

For the upcoming issue on Logistics and Electronic Commerce we are
looking for ad-hoc reviewers with proven competence in this field. They
should contact our guest editor Christoph Hoffmann
([email-masked]) our editor at [email-masked] .

** And last but not least

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

The Editorial Team at
EM - Electronic Markets
Beat F. Schmid, Dorian Selz, Brigette Buchet

========================================================================
EM - Electronic Markets
International Journal of Electronic Commerce & Business Media

Editorial Office:                      ¦  Editor-in-Chief:
                                       ¦  Professor Beat F. Schmid
MCM Institute                          ¦  mcm institute for Media and
University of St.Gallen                ¦  Communications Management,
Mueller-Friedberg-Strasse 8            ¦  University of St.Gallen
CH-9000 St.Gallen                      ¦
Phone 0041/71/224 21 96                ¦  Dorian Selz - Executive Ed.
Fax   0041/71/224 27 71                ¦  Brigette Buchet - Managing Ed.
eMail [email-masked]        ¦  mcm institute,
www   http://www.electronicmarkets.org ¦  University of St.Gallen
========================================================================