Subject: Re: informations about IMAP4

From: John Mani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:55:49 -0800 (PST)

Info about IMAP4 is at http://www.imap.org

-john

>
> At 10:48 98-12-23 +0100, Gian Carlo MANZONI wrote:
> >Dear members,
> >I need some information about IMAP4 (Internet Message Access Protocol
> >4).
> >It seems to be the preferrence messaging protocol, REPLACING SMTP.
> 
> nope. It replaces POP3.
> 
> Regards, Marc.
> 
> >Thanks a lot for the answers.
> >Merry Xmas and happy new Year.
> >
> >
> >> Gian Carlo Manzoni
> >> Servizi Tecnici
> >> INDICOD 
> >> *	E-Mail:	[email-masked]
> >> esplorate http://www.indicod.it
> >"La vita è come una stoffa ricamata della quale ciascuno nella propria
> >metà dell'esistenza può osservare il diritto, nella seconda invece il
> >rovescio: quest'ultimo non è così bello, ma più istruttivo, perchè ci fa
> >vedere l'intreccio dei fili." A.Schopenhauer
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
> Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
> 3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254 
> Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
> Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
>                http://www.normos.org
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Christopher J. Kit Lueder)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 98 14:52:38 -0500

See also the RFCs for IMAP:

1730 INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4. M. Crispin.
     December 1994. (Format: TXT=156660 bytes) (Obsoleted by RFC2060,
     RFC2061) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

1731 IMAP4 Authentication Mechanisms. J. Myers. December 1994.
     (Format: TXT=11433 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

1732 IMAP4 COMPATIBILITY WITH IMAP2 AND IMAP2BIS. M. Crispin. December
     1994. (Format: TXT=9276 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

1733 DISTRIBUTED ELECTRONIC MAIL MODELS IN IMAP4. M. Crispin. December
     1994. (Format: TXT=6205 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

2060 INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1. M. Crispin.
     December 1996. (Format: TXT=166513 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC1730)
     (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2061 IMAP4 COMPATIBILITY WITH IMAP2BIS. M. Crispin. December 1996.
     (Format: TXT=5867 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC1730) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

2062 Internet Message Access Protocol - Obsolete Syntax. M. Crispin.
     December 1996. (Format: TXT=14222 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2086 IMAP4 ACL extension. J. Myers. January 1997. (Format: TXT=13925
     bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2087 IMAP4 QUOTA extension. J. Myers. January 1997. (Format: TXT=8542
     bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2088 IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals. J. Myers. January 1997.
     (Format: TXT=4052 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2095 IMAP/POP AUTHorize Extension for Simple Challenge/Response. J.
     Klensin, R. Catoe, P. Krumviede. January 1997. (Format: TXT=10446
     bytes) (Obsoleted by RFC2195) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2177 IMAP4 IDLE command. B. Leiba. June 1997. (Format: TXT=6770 bytes)
     (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2180 IMAP4 Multi-Accessed Mailbox Practice. M. Gahrns. July 1997.
     (Format: TXT=24750 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

2192 IMAP URL Scheme. C. Newman. September 1997. (Format: TXT=31426
     bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2193 IMAP4 Mailbox Referrals. M. Gahrns. September 1997. (Format:
     TXT=16248 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2195 IMAP/POP AUTHorize Extension for Simple Challenge/Response. J.
     Klensin, R. Catoe, P. Krumviede. September 1997. (Format: TXT=10468
     bytes) (Obsoletes RFC2095) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2221 IMAP4 Login Referrals. M. Gahrns. October 1997. (Format: TXT=9251
     bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2342 IMAP4 Namespace. M. Gahrns, C. Newman. May 1998. (Format:
     TXT=19489 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2359 IMAP4 UIDPLUS extension. J. Myers. June 1998. (Format: TXT=10862
     bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder       
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205
  _/_/_/    _/  _/_/_/ 1820 Dolley Madison Bl  Page: 703-331-7656
 _/   _/   _/    _/   Mailstop W658           FAX:  703-883-3383
_/    _/  _/    _/   McLean, VA 22102        Mail: [email-masked]
God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose
- -Emerson, Essays: Intellect

---

From: [email-masked] (Christopher J. Kit Lueder)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 98 11:46:32 -0500

Look at http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc-retrieval.txt for a list of sites that
have the RFCs.

One site is http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/ 
and follow the links for "Requests For Comments"
or go directly to http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/7c/in-notes/rfc/.cache
and type in the RFC number that I listed below.

The full index of RFCs (which I used to produce the list I sent you) is at
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc-index.txt

Good luck,
Kit.

Gian Carlo MANZONI wrote:
> 
> Thanks a lot.
> Where can I download these informations?
> Best regards and merry Xmas again.
> 
> > Gian Carlo Manzoni
> > Servizi Tecnici
> > INDICOD
>-Emerson, Essays: Intellect
>

    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder