Subject: RE: where do we stand on the as1 -- http discussion?

From: Dick Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:15:25 -0600 (CST)

Rik, I'm not proposing anything that would prevent the existing AS1
EDIINT implementations from working on http. Quite the contrary - I'm proposing
to continue in the current direction with AS2 AND additionally expand the 
scope to include the GISB and AIAG specifications as part of a backward 
compatability mode of AS2. This approach will provide a clear migration
path to AS2 for the installed base of AS1, GISB and AIAG implementers.

I've looked at the AS2 document and didn't see any technical obstacles 
preventing this from occuring. Is there any reason why this approach wouldn't 
work?

Dick Brooks                            [email-masked]
Tel. 205-250-8053		       Birmingham, Alabama
Group 8760 LLC                         WWW URL:  http://www.8760.com/
SECURE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE SOLUTIONS FOR HEALTHCARE AND NATURAL GAS INDUSTRIES

---

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:38:34 -0600

Oh the niceties of email... I was not disagreeing.. just making an
additional point that the argument that there are existing edi http
standards is no stronger than there are existing edi smtp standards, at
least in the ediint case. best regards, rik

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dick Brooks [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, March 04, 1999 5:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: where do we stand on the as1 -- http discussion?
>
>