Subject: List of EDIINT products/vendors anywhere?

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:06:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am about to finish an article praising the EDIINT achievements with
respect to medical EDI and HL7. I would like to substantiate my
statement that "Cost-effective off-the-shelf software is available and
has been tested for interoperability in annual events hosted by
Commerce Net."  What I need is two things:

(1) A reference to CommerceNet specific to the EDIINT pilot. I have
been searching and browsing the www.commercenet.com site and I could
not find anything about EDIINT pilots. Why is this important event
held so secret?

(2) A list of vendors with web references or contacts. It is
important, of course, that these references are specific. Many vendor
www sites are disappointing, since you can't find the important
detailled product information. But I am sure that especially smaller
vendors might whant to pursue with their policy of open-ness and
end-customer friendly-ness, right?

Is any of the EDIINT vendors interested in boarding the health care
market by supporting the slight extensions that the HL7 draft
suggests?  Although I am not a marketing guy, it sure would be helpful
for both, vendor and HL7 and its users if we can point people to a
couple of real products, saying: "Here it is, it's effective, it's
affordable, it's easy. So what are you waiting for?"

The market sector of inter-institutional HL7 communication is only
emerging as we speak. But there are some significant nationwide
projects involving HCFA, CDC and a couple of state departments that
are currently looking for solutions. We have the content, we have the
spec, it's simple, so, all we need is a couple of vendors. Now what
are *you* waiting for?

Please contact me directly for any specific questions. Again, I can't
promise you full blown promotion, but HL7 is an industry organization
that does let you step up and demonstrate working solutions of HL7
standards. There is certainly a demand pooled in HL7, if you come up
with the product, we could catalyze things for everyone's benefit.

regards
-Gunther

Gunther Schadow ----------------------------------- http://aurora.rg.iupui.edu
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care
1001 W 10th Street RG5, Indianapolis IN 46202, Phone: (317) 630 7960
[email-masked] ---------------------- #include <usual/disclaimer>

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:42:42 -0500

1.  On CommerceNet's home page <http://www.commerce.net> you'll find a
button on the side navigation bar labeled "Certification".

2.  I have included below a file with the organization names, product
names, and URLs for both; it's in HTML but not formatted.  You'll know
what I mean as soon as you open it.  You'll find an "under construction"
spot for it on the web area identified above; it'll be online again
early next week.

If you have any other questions about CommerceNet's role in the
interoperability test please feel free to contact me directly at any
time.

Jim
The following products are currently certified as interoperable with
each other according to the Secure EDI Over The Internet specification.

Cyclone Software

Cyclone Interchange v2.0

Harbinger

TrustedLink; Guardian v2.0

TrustedLink; Templar V 4.0

Netscape

ECXpert

SAA Consultants

REIMS Secure ECI Module v.2.0

Sterling Commerce

SAMM v1.0 (Communications Module for COMMERCE:Exchange)

--
James M. Galvin                       Director, EC Technologies
CommerceNet Consortium                +1 410.549.5545
http://www.commerce.net               +1 410.549.5546 FAX

"Some of the really great advances in society are driven by people who
recognize the white space as being unbelievably fruitful and shade it
accordingly." -- Bernie Meyerson, IBM Fellow

Subject: List of EDIINT products/vendors anywhere?
From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:06:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

regards
-Gunther