Subject: RE: as2 comments

From: Dick Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:26:00 -0500 (CDT)

Rik Drummond wrote:

>I would like to have this done by end of august for a "wg last call". Is
>that doable. If so that means we could do a last call for rfc in sept. or
>oct. Is that do able editors?

>best regards, rik

I can commit to an August deadline.

Dick Brooks                            [email-masked]
Tel. 205-250-8053		       Birmingham, Alabama
Group 8760 LLC                         WWW URL:  http://www.8760.com/
SECURE ELECTRONIC COMMERCE SOLUTIONS FOR HEALTHCARE AND NATURAL GAS INDUSTRIES

---

From: "Dale Moberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:53:27 -0400

Since Dick is supplying all of the additions, it looks like it is doable in
August.
Bye
Dale

Dick Brooks <[email-masked]> on 07/28/99 09:26:00 AM
Ext: Unknown

To:   Dale Moberg/Sterling Commerce@Sterling Commerce, [email-masked],
      [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:   [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject:  RE: as2 comments

---

From: Dick Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:08:12 -0500 (CDT)

>>5. Need an example of the GISB acknowledgement as an example of a
>>generalized
>   receipt type in section 2.5.2. I volunteer to supply this.

>Excellent again. One thing that I forgot to type in was the value for
>the report-type parameter in the multipart/report MIME content-type
>We could propose using "generalized-receipt" as a value or we
>could use, for example, "gisb" or "e5" and so on. I have no
>strong sentiment either way though I think it might be easier
>to prepare for different semantics by using  more specific choices,
>reserving "generalized-receipt" to be the most semantically unspecified

I agree with Dale that specific report-types help identify the content
and this should make it easier on developers. It sure beats the heck out
of parsing the content to determine what type of object was received. I also
suggest that we include a version identifier in the report type, for example
gisb-v1, e5-v1, e5-v2, etc....  

Not to throw a monkey in this but, report-type looks like something IANA would 
maintain a registry for. Will we have to get these report types registered
with IANA?

---

From: Dick Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:01:49 -0500 (CDT)

Dave, should the "how to" guideline be part of the AS2 draft or
would this be a supplemental document?