Subject: FW: UIG Internet EDI Meeting Agenda - August 24-25, 1999 in Charlotte, NC

From: "Dave Darnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:54:18 -0700

FYI..

The following Internet EDI meeting is open to all members of the UIG
(Utility Industry Group) and invited speakers.  The cost is zero.  If you
are interested in joining the UIG...

www.uig.org

Thanks,
Dave Darnell

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Darnell [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 1999 6:44 PM
To: UIG-D list; UIG list
Subject: UIG Internet EDI Meeting Agenda - August 24-25, 1999 in
Charlotte, NC

 Again, sorry for the multiple copies if you are on more than one of our
lists....

Attached is the agenda for the meeting.

Following is the last e-mail I sent out...dated August 1, 1999

=====================
> ----------
> From: 	Dave Darnell[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Sunday, August 01, 1999 12:25:20 PM
> To: 	UIG Deregulation Task Team
> Subject: 	UIG Internet EDI Workgroup - Call for speakers / August 24-25,
1999 meeting announcement / Internet EDI repository URLs

Hello everyone,

Again sorry for blasting all the lists and for you getting multiple copies
of this.  As soon as we have our UIG-I list going I will send just to that
list.

1. We are all set for Charlotte.

Thanks go to Beverly Hamilton and Steve Deese of DUKE Energy for arranging
the room and being the host for this meeting.

The schedule will be similar to last time in Boston:

3:00 - 6:00 PM on Tuesday August 24 and 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM on Wednesday
August 25

Topics to be covered/discussed will be:
	A. UIG Extranet
	B. XML/EDI and possible Implementation Guideline activities
	C. Status of IETF-EDIINT, AS2, GISB EDM and standards convergence
	D. Update to UIG Internet EDI Whitepaper
	E. State-by-state status on Internet EDI

I will work on a more detailed agenda and send it out later.

2. This is a call for speakers.  If you wish time on the agenda please
contact me ASAP.  We want  substantive contributions this time with a
minimum of advertising.  Product demos are OK if it pertains to our
discussions.

3. I am working with Thomas Sammartino to get an easy way to upload to
www.uig.org , but until I have that you will find the
information/presentations on my web site:

<<<CONTACT [email-masked] FOR URLs>>>

4. This is Kim's earlier message on the hotel....

> ----------
> From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, July 28, 1999 9:47:32 AM
> To: 	UIG Deregulation Task Team
> Subject: 	Charlotte Hotel
> Auto forwarded by a Rule
>
Just a quick reminder that the deadline for making hotel reservations is
July 31st.  I've had more than 20 people respond that they plan to attend
and need hotel rooms, but only 10 have made hotel reservations.  Reserve
your rooms today!

 ----------
From: Wall, Kimberly A.
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Meeting - Charlotte - Head Count, Hotel & More
Date: Thursday, July 22, 1999 10:30AM

Hello all... we are in the midst of making plans for the next UIG-D meeting
in Charlotte, NC.  Would you believe this meeting is only 4 weeks away?  The
meetings will be held at a Duke Power facility in Charlotte (more
information to follow).  I have made arrangments at the Hilton Hotel as
noted below.

Meeting Dates 8/22 - 8/24 (UIG-D) .... Dave will likely have an Internet
Task Group Meeting 8/24 - 8/25.

Hilton Charlotte University Place
8629 JM Keynes Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
Tel: 1-704-547-7444 Refer to "Utility Industry Group"
http://www.hilton.com/hotels/CLTHUHF/

$119/night +tax  		(Block of rooms is for 8/21 - 8/23)

         ********* CUTOFF Date is 5:00 PM JULY 31, 1999 **********

IMPORTANT: I need to keep a headcount of attendees.  Please provide the
following:

1.  What days you plan to attend
2.  What nights you plan to stay at the Hilton (so I can block more rooms if
necessary)
3.  How firm your plans are (even if you only think you are going to come,
I'd like to know).

Thanks!

Kim Wall
[email-masked]
####################################

Thanks,
Dave Darnell
602-236-6811