Subject: EM - Electronic Markets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:09:08 +0200

*******************************************
Apologies for Cross Posting;
Please pass on to interested parties
*******************************************

Dear Colleagues,

Three topics to announce:
1. Call for Papers,
2. 99/3 Table of Contents and Abstracts available
3. and a Call for Reviewers

1. Call for Papers: 00/2
Focus Topic: E-commerce in Africa and the Middle East
Guest Editors: Magda Ismail, The Cabinet Information and
Decision Support Center, Egypt; Derrick L. Cogburn, University
of Michigan and the Global Information Infrastructure Commission;
and Andrew Bytheway, University of the Western Cape, South Africa.

EM - Electronic Markets: The International Journal of
Electronic Commerce & Business Media, is a key forum for
advancing the understanding and practice of electronic markets
and commerce (http://www.electronicmarkets.org).

The spring issue (2000/2) on electronic commerce in Africa and
the Middle East will continue the regional series launched with
the focus on Electronic Commerce in Asia (97/1), Europe (98/1),
and the Americas (99/2).

Although most parts of Africa and the Middle East are still in
the very early stages of Electronic Commerce, many recent
developments have shown that these two regions are
moving to embrace the potential of electronic commerce
and the information economy.  In this special issue we will
give our readers insight into the development and application
of e-commerce in Africa and the Middle East, as well as the
policies, strategies, frameworks and visions that support them.
Further, we will explore some of the challenges facing these
regions and efforts to confront them.

We are calling for articles dealing with the current status
of projects, visions and policies related to electronic commerce
in the Africa and Middle East regions. Possible topics include,
but are not limited to:

1. Policy
2. Business Models
3. Organizational Models
4. National and Regional Strategies
5. Challenges & Issues
6. Case Studies: Successes and Failures (lessons learned)
7. Applications

EM accepts short papers up to 2500 words, or long papers up to
5000 words.  Please refer to the contributors' section at
http://www.electronicmarkets.org for templates and
specifications.

The deadline for submissions will be October 29, 1999.

Regarding Electronic Markets in general, please contact
Brigette Buchet, Executive Editor at [email-masked].

For more information or to submit a paper, please contact any
One of the Guest Editors listed below:

Magda Ismail
[email-masked]

Derrick L. Cogburn
[email-masked]

Andrew J. Bytheway
[email-masked]

****************************************************************

EM - Electronic Markets is pleased to announce the upcoming
publication of 99/3 EC and Logistics.  The paper publication
is expected by the end of September, however, the Table of
Contents and Article abstracts can be viewed at
http://www.electronicmarkets.org

****************************************************************

Call for Reviewers:

EM - Electronic Markets is also searching for qualified reviewers
to work with us in ensuring the quality of the content found in
the papers of EM.  Please contact any of ONE of the Guest Editors
listed below, if you would like to review submissions for EC and
Africa and the Middle East:

Magda Ismail
[email-masked]

Derrick L. Cogburn
[email-masked]

Andrew J. Bytheway
[email-masked]

Brigette Buchet at
[email-masked] for other topics regarding
electronic markets.

========================================================================
Electronic Markets -
International Journal of Electronic Commerce & Business Media

Editorial Office:                ¦  Editor-in-Chief:
                                 ¦  Professor Beat F. Schmid
mcm institute                    ¦  mcm institute for Media and
University of St.Gallen          ¦  Communications Management,
Mueller-Friedberg-Strasse 8      ¦  University of St.Gallen
CH-9000 St.Gallen                ¦  Brigette Buchet - Executive Ed.
Phone 0041/71/224 27 74          ¦  http://www.electronicmarkets.org
Fax   0041/71/224 27 71          ¦  eMail [email-masked]
=======================================================================