Subject: Web EDI

From: "Paul Donovan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:40:51 -0400

We currently do customer oriented X12 PO's, Invoices, etc. either through a
VAN or have the data FTP'd to a server outside of our firewall.  I have been
asked to explore "Web EDI".  Anybody have any suggestiobns, know of any
products, articles, resources?  Thanks.

---

From: "Jim Divoky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:29:47 -0400

I guess it depends on what you want to do.  When I think of Web EDI, I think
of browser based forms which are completed by someone without EDI
capability.  All the big EDI software providers have solutions for this,
e.g., Sterling Commerce, Harbinger, GEIS, etc., and there are others.  The
other possibility is the transmission of EDI documents over the Internet.

Take a look at http://www.edi-info-center.com/#Internet There are a lot of
links there on EDI/EC Internet topics.  Particularly appropriate for this
mailing list is http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/ediint.html which includes:
"Requirements for Inter-operable Internet EDI", Rik Drummond, T Harding, C.
Shih, 10/12/1999. (114489 bytes)
This document is a functional specification, discussing the requirements for
inter-operable EDI, with sufficient background material to give an
explanation for the EDI community of the Internet and security related
issues.
"MIME-based Secure EDI", Rik Drummond, T Harding, C. Shih, 10/12/1999.
(59187 bytes)
This document describes how to securely exchange EDI and other business
related documents using MIME and public key cryptography.
"HTTP Transport for Secure EDI", Dick Brooks, Rik Drummond, Dale Moberg,
10/14/1999. (60383 bytes)
This document describes how to exchange EDI documents securely using http
transport for EDI data that is packaged in MIME messages that use public key
security body parts.

---

From: "Terry Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:21:53 -0700

Paul,

Here are a couple of resources for you reading pleasure....

EDIINT - Electronic Data Interchange  INTernet..
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ediint-charter.html
This standard will allow the securer transfer of any business document.

and

you can browse www.cyclonecommerce.com

New standards under development

www.ebxml.com and www.rosettaNet.org

Terry Harding
Security/Interoperability Testing
Cyclone Commerce Inc.