Subject: EM: Call for Papers - Austral-Asia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:06:37 +0200

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apologies for cross-posting; please pass on to interested
colleagues and distribute to relevant lists.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EM - Electronic Markets: Vol 11, No. 2

Focus Topic: E-commerce in Austral-Asia

Guest Editors: Paula Swatman, RMIT University, Australia,
Doug Vogel, City University of Hong Kong

EM - Electronic Markets: The International Journal of
Electronic Commerce & Business Media, is a key forum for
advancing the understanding and practice of electronic markets
and commerce (http://www.electronicmarkets.org).

EM last focused on Australia and Asia in 1997 and after four
years, it is high time we revisited the region.

Interest in E-Commerce and Electronic Markets has largely been
focused on North America and Europe -- and yet there are many
interesting developments happening in the Austral-Asian region,
which have received little attention -- we aim to address this.
For example, the two major developers of mobile phone networks and
applications are Japan's NTT DoCoMo and Hong Kong's Hutchison
Whampoa; Singapore is a world leader in integrating E-Commerce
into public sector activities.

In this issue we will examine at some of the leading-edge
E-Business activities that are taking place in the
Austral-Asian region.

We are calling for articles dealing with the current status
of projects, visions and policies related to electronic commerce
in Austrial Asia. Possible topics include,but are not limited to:

1. Policy
2. Business Models
3. Organizational Models
4. National and Regional Strategies
5. Challenges & Issues
6. Case Studies: Successes and Failures (lessons learned)
7. Applications
8. E-Commerce Infrastructure
9. Regulation
10. Society / Political affects on e-commerce development

EM accepts short papers up to 2500 words, or long papers up to
5000 words.  Please refer to the contributors' section at
http://www.electronicmarkets.org for templates and
specifications.

The deadline for submissions is October 10, 2000.

Regarding Electronic Markets in general, please contact
Brigette Buchet, Executive Editor at [email-masked].

For more information or to submit a paper, please contact any
One of the Guest Editors listed below:

Paula M.C. Swatman ([email-masked])
Doug Vogel ([email-masked])

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EM - Electronic Markets

Editorial Office:
mcm institute
University of St.Gallen
Mueller-Friedberg-Strasse 8
CH-9000 St.Gallen
Tel:  0041/71/224 27 74
Fax:  0041/71/224 30 78
email:[email-masked]
http://www.electronicmarkets.org

Editor-in-Chief:  Beat F. Schmid
Executive Editor: Brigette Buchet