Subject: [AS2] minor typographical errors

From: [email-masked] (Chris Davenport)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:43:15 +0000 (GMT)

Here are some (trivial) typographical errors (features :-)) of AS2-07,
noticed during a recent reading:

1. The string "AS 2" is often used where "AS2" would be more consistent.

2. Bottom of page 4 "For MDNS, ..." should read "For MDNs, ..."

3. Page 5, para 2: "referred to as "generalized receipts."
   (there is a missing close quote).

4. Page 7, para 2: "The term "Receipts" is here used".  "Receipts"
   should not be capitalised.

5. Page 19, para 3: What is a "P.A.I.N. requirement"?  I think this
   needs some kind of reference or at least an expansion of the
   acronym.

6. Example C.1 uses the rsa-md5 signature algorithm.  This is correct,
   but according to AS1 SHA1 is RECOMMENDED (though AS2 seems silent on
   this point).  Also the value "rsa-md5" appears to be historical and
   should be just "md5" anyway (from AS1 page 14).

Deep joy,

Chris.

--
Chris Davenport              [email-masked]
Davros Computer Systems

---

From: "Kit (Christopher) Lueder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:46:23 -0500

PAIN is Privacy, Authentication, Integrity, Non-repudiaton

-- 
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder       
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205
  _/_/_/    _/  _/_/_/ 1820 Dolley Madison Bl  Cell: 703-577-2463
 _/   _/   _/    _/   Mailstop W658           FAX:  703-883-3383
_/    _/  _/    _/   McLean, VA 22102        Mail: [email-masked]
Worse than an unanswered question is an unquestioned answer.

---

From: Dave Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:34:26 +0000 (GMT)

Oh, that reminds me:-

General: DUNS number is sometimes typed as D-U-N-S or DUNS

P19, Example of a GISB data exchange... last line of paragraph says:
"the contents of this post appear as folloows:":  folloows -> follows.

P20, the bottom of the GISB example, missing dashes to indicate
final MIME boundary.
----87453838942833  -> ----87453838942833--

General: some of the formatting of the document held at IETF seems to be
inconsistent.  Some paragraphs have line widths of about 70 chars, and
others only 50.  Sometimes it is different within the same paragraph.  I
don't know if formatting is an issue as far as standards submission in
concerned, but it makes it a little harder to read.  IMHO.

- Dave.

--
Dave Roberts                     Servicing the Online Organisation
Principal Technical Consultant   http://www.saaconsultants.com/
SAA Consultants Ltd              Tel: +44 1752 606000 
Plymouth, UK.                    Fax: +44 1752 606838

---

From: "Dick Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:26:51 -0600

Thanks Dave,

I'll work with Dale on the GISB related changes within AS2.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
[email-masked]
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions