Subject: Yet another interesting development

From: "Dick Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:20:08 -0600

VeriSign, Microsoft and webMethods Announce Breakthrough XML-based
Specification to Enable Interoperable Digital Signatures and Encryption for
B2B and B2C Transactions
New Open Specification to Accelerate Deployment of Secure E-Commerce
Applications

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, November 29, 2000 - VeriSign Inc., Microsoft Corp. and
webMethods Inc. today introduced a breakthrough XML-based framework -- the
XML key management specification (XKMS) -- to enable a broad range of
software developers to seamlessly integrate digital signatures and data
encryption into e-commerce applications. To accelerate the development of
applications incorporating these advanced technologies, the XKMS
specification -- jointly designed and prototyped by VeriSign, Microsoft and
webMethods with industry support from other technology leaders -- was made
publicly available today and will be submitted to the appropriate Web
standards bodies for consideration as an open Internet standard. In
addition, XKMS will be built into the Microsoftb.NET architecture to ensure
broad and rapid adoption of this framework in both B2B and B2C environments.
More information on XKMS can be found at: www.verisign.com/developer/xml.

Full story can be found at:

http://www.verisign.com/press/2000/vs_xmlxkms.html

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
[email-masked]
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions