Subject: Document Action: 'FTP Transport for Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data Interchange over the Internet' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:18:47 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'FTP Transport for Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data Interchange over the 
   Internet '
   <draft-ietf-ediint-as3-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet 
Integration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-as3-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This Applicability Statement (AS) describes how to exchange structured
business data securely using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) for XML,
Binary, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI - ANSI X12 or UN/EDIFACT), or
other data used for business-to-business data interchange for which
MIME packaging can be accomplished using standard MIME content-types.
Authentication and data confidentiality are obtained by using
Cryptographic Message Syntax (S/MIME) security body parts.
Authenticated acknowledgements employ multipart/signed replies to the
original message.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document was once considered a candidate for Proposed Standard
status.  It is instead being evaluated for publication as an
Informational RFC to document existing implementations as the
level of participation in the EDIINT working group has decreased
significantly over time.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this specification for the IESG.
Multiple implementations have been described in working group
mailing list discussions.

Note to the RFC Editor

Please add a normative reference to RFC 2119.  Please cite this
reference at the end of section 1.

Please replace the citation and normative reference to [MURRAY] with
a normative reference to RFC 4217.

Please replace citations and references to RFCs 2630, 2632, and 2633
with citations and references to RFCs 3852, 3850, and 3851, respectively.

Please replace all occurrences of "S/MIME Version 3" with
"S/MIME Version 3.1".

Please add a definition to section 2.3.1:

AS3: Applicability Statement 3.  This is the third applicability statement
produced by the IETF EDIINT working group.