Subject: [edu-discuss] Re: [newtrk] Adding more step prior to Last Call

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:20:20 -0400

Hi Michael,

[Moving this to edu-discuss (the EDU Team discussion list), as the 
newtrk WG is quite the right venue.]

At 9:06 AM -0400 10/25/04, Michael Richardson wrote:
>   Margaret, is the material available?

Yes.  The training slides (in PDF) are available for download at:

http://edu.ietf.org/filestore2/download/21

Other information about our training sessions, including materials 
for other sessions, can be found at:

http://edu.ietf.org

>   The next suggestion I have is to have some kind of coaching/mentoring
>system. Like "Pay it forward", if you get coached, you gotta volunteer
>to help someone else.

We've had previous discussions for mentoring programs, but we haven't 
managed to get anything off the ground yet.  A mentoring program for 
document editors sounds like a good place to start, though.  What do 
others think?

Margaret

_______________________________________________
edu-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss

---

From: Susan Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:49:42 -0400 (EDT)

> document editors sounds like a good place to start, though.  What do

I like this idea. I'm a 'tech writer' by trade, but have been hesitant to
offer to teach a class on tech writing at IETF. It seems an impossible
task, because the talents/problems of each draft writer are so different.
I'd be willing to mentor individuals, though.