Subject: [edu-discuss] CICE-2010: Call for Workshops

From: Galyna Akmayeva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:01:19 +0100 (CET)

Kindly email this Call for Workshops to your colleagues, faculty members and
postgraduate students.

Apologies for cross-postings. Please send it to interested colleagues and
students. Thanks!

CALL FOR WORKSHOPS

The CICE has been a prime international forum for both researchers and industry
practitioners to 
exchange the latest fundamental advances in the state of the art and practice,
Pedagogy, Arts, 
History, Open Learning, Distance Education, Math and Science Educution, ICT,
Language Learning, 
Education (Early Year, Secondary, Post-Secondary and Higher), E-Learning, and
identify emerging 
research topics. 

The CICE-2010 encourages you to submit workshop proposals. Workshop duration can
be 2 hours. 
All the accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings. You can
consider organising 
a workshop that is related to CICE-2009 topics.

The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel
ideas in a less formal 
and possibly more focused way than the conferences themselves. It offers a good
opportunity for 
young researchers to present their work and to obtain feedback from an
interested community. 
The format of each workshop is to be determined by the organisers, but it is
expected that they 
contain ample time for general discussion. The preference is for one day
workshops, but other 
schedules will also be considered. 

Important Dates

Workshop Proposal Submission: December 15, 2009
Notification of Workshop Acceptance: December 31, 2009

The proposal must include:
1. The name of the workshop.
2. A statement of goals for the workshop.
3. The names and addresses of the organisers.
4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee members.
5. A description of the plans for call for participation (e.g., call for
papers).
6. The expected number of attendees and the planned length of the workshop.
7. The topic of the workshop should be relevant to the main conference and
details of any previous workshops.
8. The URL of the workshop web site.

The workshop paper submission and author notification due dates are at the
discretion of the workshop 
organisers but not later than 28 of February, 2010 in order to be included in
the main conference proceedings.
After acceptance of the workshop proposal, it is the responsibility of the
Workshop Organiser(s)/Workshop 
Chair(s) to review all submitted papers to his/her workshop. 

If you are interested in organising workshops for the CICE-2010, please email
your proposal to the 
[email-masked]. Your workshop proposals will be reviewed by the
Steering Committees. 

For further details, please visit www.ciceducation.org

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:03:32 +1300

Methinks this should have been spam filtered.

   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:04:18 +1300

Brian

> Kindly email this Call for Workshops to your colleagues, faculty members and

<snip>

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:05:47 -0600

Dear EDU team,

Not sure if you guys have noticed this or not, but the IESG has just 
approved 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis-04.txt, 
which updates the process that RAI uses to process new work. The key points 
are (1) pretty much everything goes through the DISPATCH working group, and 
(2) the expectation is that DISPATCH will frequently recommend that new work 
go into a new ("mini") working group.

I was asked to co-chair one working group after IETF 75 and have just been 
suggested as co-chair for another, so I'm learning that a lot can get 
DISPATCHed quickly. And I beliieve the RAI AD intention is to develop new 
chairs, not keep creating new working groups for the same experienced 
chairs, so I'm checking where we are in the training rotation. Case in 
point - my co-chair in SIPCLF hasn't taken the basic working group chair 
training class (which morphed into the working group leadership class - not 
sure if it's morphed again into the "document lifecycle" class or not, 
because I'm not seeing slides at 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/73/doclife.html, which was apparently the 
last time the document lifecycle class was offered).

Could you let me know (and I imagine that Cullen and Robert would like to 
know, too) when the next training appropriate for a new working group chair 
would be scheduled?

I should also mention that I have taught the basic working group chair and 
working group leadership classes, so if I can help, please don't be shy 
about asking.

Thanks,

Spencer