Subject: [edu-discuss] When do people take working group chair training (the SUNDAY training)?

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:38:53 -0600

Dear EDU team,

I'm not sure from Russ's reply at plenary whether he could hear me, or 
understood the question, but I should probably have started with you guys, 
anyway. My apologies.

What I was asking at the mike was,

- when I became a working group chair, you didn't go to working group chair 
training until you were a working group chair

- several years ago, we moved the "working group chair training" to Sunday 
afternoons and opened them to everyone, whether they were already a working 
group chair, or were thinking that they might be, someday

- is that tutorial still open to everyone? If so, would it be worth 
mentioning that to the community from time to time, so chairs start 
attending training before they've already started screwing up their working 
group? :D

To be clear, this has nothing to do with the excellent continuing education 
lunches for working group chairs - Russ's response included "the working 
group chairs getting the training they want", and that sounds like a comment 
for the continuing education lunches.

Thanks,

Spencer