Subject: [edu-discuss] WG chair tutorial idea: Splitting audio stream

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:36:03 -0600

All: For a while now, I have been splitting the audio streams
of the IETF sessions in working groups that I am involved
in.  Having a small(er) audio file corresponding to a specific
WG item makes it easier to track the progress.

The WG participant sees an integrated page that contains
links to the split audio stream discussing that particular
WG item, a link to the slides, a link to the I-D, all
wrapped up in the official minutes page.

You can see examples of such an integration at the following
pages:

   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/minutes/sipcore.html
   http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/minutes/alto.html

Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks have indicated broader
involvement of this to the WG chair community.  In
addition, other WG chairs that have seen such integrated
minutes in the past have asked me what tools I use to
do this, etc.

I am at a point where I specify the start and stop times
of the specific WG agenda items in a configuration file and
then run a script to get the individual audio snippets.

If people are interested in this, I can hold a WG chairs
tutorial on how I do this, the tools used, and related
logistics.

I can do this for the Prague IETF, if there is still some
time to fill in the WG chair's luncheon timeslot.

Please let me know.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/