Subject: [edu-team] September Telechat Minutes

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:41:27 -0400

Here are the minutes I took during our telechat today.  Current
action items are at the end.

Margaret

Education Team Telechat Minutes -- September 10, 2003

AGENDA:

- Agenda Bashing
- Plans for Minneapolis
         - Room Availability
         - Finalize Schedule
- Charter Review
- Web Page Comments
- Editors Training
         - Review Avri's Outline
- Review Action Items
         - Action Items from Last Meeting
         - New Action Items

DISCUSSION:

- Agenda Bashing

No agenda changes.

- Plans for Minneapolis
         - Room Availability

Room for newcomer's will not be available until 1:30pm.

         - Finalize Schedule

Will do newcomers at 1:30pm, no Korean language newcomers in
Minneapolis.  Scott Bradner will do this again.

Security Tutorial in 3pm to 5pm slot. Who will do this?  Spencer
thinks that continuity for 2 or 3 times would be desirable, so that we
don't waste the learning curve.

Would like to do Editors Training (2 hours) and Introductory WG Chairs
(2 hours) Training that afternoon, if rooms are available.  If rooms
are not available, we should do lunch.

Sunday sessions should be on the regular IETF agenda.

Ongoing chairs training in Minneapolis?  Presentation Topic: making
meetings more accessible to non-native English speakers.
Panel/Discussion Topic: TBD.

Random Suggestion: Send training slides to [email-masked].

- Charter Review

Minor changes already 03 version.

- Web Page Comments

Nits to be sent in e-mail.  No high-level comments.  James would be
happy to maintain the web site once it is operational.

- Editors Training
         - Review Avri's Outline

Everyone thought it was good.  Some discussion about including
meta-information for both MIBs and Security Considerations.

Random Comment: May eventually want to consider "Writing
MIBs".

Random Comment: Include names of presentors in agenda.

- Review Action Items
         - Action Items from Last Meeting
         - New Action Items

- Discussion of Action Plan Contents (Adhoc)

What goes in an action plan?  Steps to be taken before Minneapolis,
and a separate list of steps to be taken Korea.  Review at next
meeting and assign them all to people.

OLD ACTION ITEMS (From September):

Margaret    Update charter and send to edu-team list for
                 further review by 15-Aug. [DONE]
Margaret    Write first draft of action plan and send to
                 edu-team list for review by 15-Aug.
Avri        Send outlines/goals for editors training to
                 edu-team by 31-Aug. [DONE]
Margaret    Contact Marcia about logistical arrangements
                 for Minneapolis and Seoul. [DONE, Underway]
Margaret    Send info to [email-masked] about training
                 to be listed in main agenda for Minneapolis.
		[Can't do until we know the schedule.]
Margaret    Confirm Minneapolis plans with Scott, Radia and
                 Jeff. [DONE, need to tell Jeff]
James       Develop slides on making WG sessions accessible
                 to non-NA participants (for intro WG chairs
                 and continuing WG chairs) by mid-September(?)
		[Pending]
Avri        Contact potential Korean newcomers session
                 presenters, and get them to attend Scott's
                 session in Minneapolis. [DONE]
Margaret    See if we can add question about Korean newcomers
                 session to Korean registration form. [Pending]
All         Encourage Spencer to try his "smiley face"
                 program. [Reassigned to Spencer :-)]

CURRENT ACTION ITEMS:

Margaret   Write first draft of action plan and send to edu-team list
            for review.
Margaret   Finalize Minneapolis room arrangements with Marcia.
Margaret   Send info to [email-masked] about training to be listed in
            main agenda for Minneapolis (Sunday sessions).
James      Circulate slides for intro and ongoing WG chairs
            sessions on making WG sessions accessible to
            non-NA participants.
Margaret   See if we can get note about Korean language session
            added to registration form for Seoul.
Margaret   Contact Jeff about Security Tutorial plans.
Harald	    Send charter to the IESG today.
Margaret   Send charter to the edu-discuss list tomorrow.
James      Ask Randy for web site location that several people can edit,
            that we can point to from the IETF web site (today).
Avri       Have fleshed-out editors training by Oct meeting.
Margaret   Send suggestions for panel/discussion topic for ongoing WG
            chairs to edu-team list.
Spencer    Consider experiment with "smiley face" idea in Minneapolis.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team