Subject: Re: [edu-team] outline of editor training

From: Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:29:25 -0400 (EDT)

1) I think I'm available either of those times.

2) Avri's outline looks good. I'd love to see the information
behind those bullet items. I'd also like to see added
"useful other documents", such as Bert's "how to write MIBs"
and a theoretically existing (but I haven't seen) "how to
write security guidelines" document.

Radia

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:44:48 +0900

On onsdag, sep 3, 2003, at 03:29 Asia/Seoul, Radia Perlman - Boston 
Center for Networking wrote:

> behind those bullet items.

thanks.
that is what i plan to work on next, though don't expect to have much 
done before the meeting.  certainly before the meeting after that.  if 
i do get a chance to add more, i will send an updated copy  before the 
meeting.

>  I'd also like to see added

good suggestions, i will add them.  (and now of course i have to read 
them too.)
please get me pointers to the security one if you run into it.

a.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:22:21 -0700

--On 4. september 2003 11:44 +0900 avri <[email-masked]> wrote:

> them too.) please get me pointers to the security one if you run into it.

        BCP 72
        RFC 3552
        Title:      Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security
                    Considerations
        Date:       July 2003

the Last Call for the document was in June 2002, so it's kind of 
understandable that people have forgotten about it.....

I've got a web page that lists "interesting IETF documents"; the RFC series 
listed is this:

RFC2026 - The Internet Standards Process
RFC 2360 - Guide for Internet Standards Writers
RFC2418 - IETF Working Group Guidelines and Procedures
RFC2434 - Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs
RFC 2438 - Advancement of MIB specifications on the IETF Standards Track
RFC 2727 - IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: 
Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees
RFC 2850 - Charter of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB)
RFC 2914 - Congestion Control Principles
RFC 3005 - IETF Discussion List Charter
RFC 3184 - IETF Guidelines for Conduct
RFC 3233 - Defining the IETF
RFC 3365 - Strong Security Requirements for Internet Engineering Task Force 
Standards Protocol

Might be something useful there... and I need to add the sec-cons doc....

                           Harald