Subject: [edu-team] Updated Charter (04 version)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:19:15 +0000

In all the confusion of leaving my company last week, I don't think that
I ever sent this...  This contains one minor update, to address Randy's
comments.

Margaret

Education Team Charter
======================

[Draft Version: 04]

OVERVIEW:

The education team manages the internal education efforts of the IETF,
primarily focused on role and process education for IETF participants
and leaders.

STRUCTURE:

This effort is managed by a core education team, consisting of a team
leader and several members.  The team leader is appointed by the
General Area Director, and the members of the team are chosen by the
team leader, with the approval of the General Area Director.

In order to allow for community visibility and input into our
educational activities:

    - The education team will maintain a web site linked to the 
      IETF web pages, which will include the latest educational
      infromation and materials.
    - The web site will also include:
          > The members of the education team.
          > A detailed action plan describing the plans and
            schedule for education team activities.
          > Minutes from all education team meetings.
    - The archives of the education team mailing list will be publicly
      available, and accessible from the web site.
    - The education team will hold occasional open meetings at IETF
      meetings (approximately one per year) to receive community input
      and feedback.
    - A public discussion mailing list will be maintained, for open
      discussion of our internal education efforts.

CURRENT RESPONSIBILITIES (As of Sept 2003):

The education team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing our
current education efforts, including:

    - Newcomer's training
    - Security tutorial
    - Introductory WG Chairs training
    - Ongoing WG Chairs training (topical)
    - Sessions for ongoing participants (topical)

This includes scheduling and logistical planning for these sessions,
deciding what will be presented by whom at topical sessions, managing
the development and review of training materials, and maintaining an
archive of the training materials and session minutes on the education
team web site.

In addition to formal training sessions, this group may consider
other approaches to meeting our educational goals, such as 
mentoring/buddy programs, web-based training tutorials, and/or the
publication of educational documents as Informational RFCs.

FUTURE PLANS (Sept 2003-Sept 2004):

Over the next year, we will enhance and extend our current training
activities for participants and WG chairs, based on community 
feedback and the judgement of the education team.

We will add a training session for current and aspiring document
editors.

We will also undertake educational efforts to help more non-North
Americans to be effective in the IETF.  This is likely to include
education for North Americans regarding ways to make our meetings more
accessible to non-native English speakers, as well as new and/or
translated training sessions or educational resources for non-North
American participants.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Team Leader:
Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

General Area Director:
Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:

Education Team:       [email-masked]
Archive:              https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

General Discussion:   [email-masked]
Subscribe/Archive:    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:11:44 -0500

Dear Margaret,

The contact information for the Team Leader needs to be updated, of
course :-}

Did Avri not sell calling the role something besides Leader? I
remember us discussing the translation into German ("der Führer") in a
conference call, but don't remember the outcome, and the discussion
wasn't mentioned in the September telechat minutes.

Have a great weekend,

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 7:19 PM
Subject: [edu-team] Updated Charter (04 version)

> I ever sent this...  This contains one minor update, to address
Randy's

----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

> Subscribe/Archive:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:39:39 +0900

Hi,

we probably should also list the edu-team web site on the charter.

a.

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:14:32 +0800

It is done. I just updated it on http://james.seng.cc/ietf-edu/

-James Seng

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:42:39 -0700

>       infromation and materials.

nit: this should be "linked to from the IETF web pages"......

otherwise, I think it's fine - I'll forward to IESG.