Subject: [edu-team] How are the education events advertised?

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:53:03 -0500

I just registered, and noticed that the newcomer's talk is advertised on
the registration, but it would have been nice to have separated out the
"newcomer's talk in Korean" "newcomer's talk in English". And it would have
been nice to ask people if they wanted to come to the security tutorial,
and the working group chairs training (mentioning it's just for working
group chairs), and the internet draft writing one (mentioning that's for
everyone).

Or if not with check-boxes, have a paragraph on the end of the registration
form mentioning "education events" with a few sentences about what each one
is and who is allowed to go.

It's too late for Korea, of course, to put that on the registration.

But it might be nice if the secretariat made an email list available of everyone
who has registered, so edu can advertise on that.

Radia

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:23:00 -0500

Hi Radia,

>group chairs), and the internet draft writing one (mentioning that's for

Yes, it would probably be good to get these things included.  Maybe we can
manage to do this for next time.

BTW, introductory WG chairs training is also open to everyone.

>who has registered, so edu can advertise on that.

We usually "advertise" on the IETF list, the WG chairs list and the
edu-discuss list.

I wonder if the IESG does have a mailing list of registered attendees, so
that we could send an announcement to that list.  Marcia, do you know?

Margaret

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:41:14 -0500

>manage to do this for next time.

I will request that this be added to the registration page.  We decide exactly
what needs to be on there later, but needs to be done by the middle of May
since registration will open up the end of May.

>that we could send an announcement to that list.  Marcia, do you know?

We do not keep a mailing list of registered attendees.

Marcia

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:53:22 -0500

>since registration will open up the end of May.

Thanks, Marcia.  Let's discuss this after Seoul and get the information
that you need to do this.

>We do not keep a mailing list of registered attendees.

Thanks for checking.  We will continue to use the old announcement
methods.  We should also include these sessions in the agenda
again, of course.  Do you need any further information to do that?

Thanks,
Margaret

---

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:17:40 -0500

Margaret,

I forgot to cc everyone on my last response, so Radia didn't see your
response below!  Sorry about that, I just hit the wrong button.

With regards to the description for the Korean language newcomers,
I believe we can actually put the information in Korean, is that something
you would like done?

Marcia

>>Can I use the same information that was used for the last meeting?
>>Once I put the agenda in .html, I will link up the descriptions.
>
>Yes, that would work for all of the sessions we had last time.
>
>We should add a description of the Korean language newcomers
>session.  It could be the same description as the English language
>newcomers, except it should include the name of the Korean presenter.
>Avri, can you send Marcia the name?

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:15:57 -0500

Hi Marcia,

>I believe we can actually put the information in Korean, is that something

That would be great!  I was thinking about that when I sent my
response, but I was afraid that it was too much to ask.

Thanks,
Margaret

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:51:19 +0900

Hi,

I think we had discussed asking for that this time, we just did not 
follow through.

BTW, what schedule was settled on for the edu sessions,
and do we have a teacher lined up for the English Newcomers class?

a.

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:17:39 -0500 (EST)

> that we could send an announcement to that list.  Marcia, do you know?

I expect some people could be quite upset if they got IETF-enabled spam
(however good the cause)

Scott

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:26:58 -0600

Yeah, if we'd always done this, that might be OK, but this is NOT the
year to start!

... do we have leaders for ALL of the training classes this IETF?

Spencer