Subject: [edu-team] IPR the the EDU web page

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:14:42 +0900

1. with a new set of policies and guidelines for IPR having ben 
released recently I think there are some task for us on the eud team
   - we need to add it into our existing presentation.  i sort of regret 
that i wasn't clever enough enough to have done some research so that I 
could mention any extra or changed requirements on editors.  I expect 
there is also an effect on WG chairs.
   - we should consider adding a edu session on the the new IPr 
guidelines so that the entire community can be educated on what it is 
and on how it affects their work.  This could be the first in the 
series of presentations doing the edu thing for new process etc.

2. it seems to me that there should be an easily found link to 
edu.ietf.org on the IETF web site.  Preferably on the home page but at 
least on the General Area page.  Or perhaps a pointer on the overview 
page. Something.
In fact if you do find your way to the newcomers presentation under  
additional you still find Steve Coya's presentation.

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:02:31 +0800

okay, pls take a look at http://edu.ietf.org/

let me know what else you need me to add...

james

James Seng wrote:

> sure, i can add a link if anyone knows where i shld link to...
> 
> james
> 
> [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>>   - we need to add it into our existing presentation.  i sort of 
>> regret that i wasn't clever enough enough to have done some research 
>> so that I could mention any extra or changed requirements on editors.  
>> I expect there is also an effect on WG chairs.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:00:52 +0900

I think the link needs to be added on the IETF page to your site.

a.

On 29 feb 2004, at 20.49, James Seng wrote:

>> edu.ietf.org on the IETF web site.  Preferably on the home page but 
>> at least on the General Area page.  Or perhaps a pointer on the 
>> overview page. Something.

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:49:38 +0800

james

[email-masked] wrote:

> 1. with a new set of policies and guidelines for IPR having ben released 
> recently I think there are some task for us on the eud team
> and on how it affects their work.  This could be the first in the series 
> of presentations doing the edu thing for new process etc.
>

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:14:05 +0800

oh, the other way round...

btw, i still havent got the security training and the editor training 
slides. pls email it to me (directly) so i can upload it to the site.

james

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:56:46 +0900

I took a swing at including the new IPR RFCs in the newcomer's
orientation, but did note that the Note Well that we're still using
references 2026, so will need to finish this revision when we get the
new Note Well.

And I think proactive training, and not only on process changes, would
be a good thing.

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 8:14 PM
Subject: [edu-team] IPR the the EDU web page

>    - we need to add it into our existing presentation.  i sort of
regret
> edu.ietf.org on the IETF web site.  Preferably on the home page but
at